Multiple different materials to different objects.

So I’m looking for a way to give multiple objects ( like around 500/1000 ) all their own material. After searching on the internet for a while I was not able to find some solutions for this problem.

Is there a way to do this? I am not going to select each object individual and apply the a different material on each 1 of then… XD

So to be clear, I am not looking for a way to give 500/1000 objects the same material. But I want them to have their own material as well.

I hope if someone could help me out with this problem :)!

From the question I assume you want all objects to have the same material appearance but be local to the object. If you want them to have different colours then you could use cycles and a the random output of the object info node and a colour ramp to give each object the same material but different colour before you do the following.

You can give all the selected objects the same material (Ctrl+L / Link Materials) then make each material of the selected objects a single user (U / Materials +Tex).

is it in cycles ?

not possible to have same mat on 1000 object and be different at same time
you need 1000 mat.

might have to do a script to help doing that!

you could use the random mat feature
but still need to manually do the copy or use a script

happy cl

I want all objects to have his own material. But I am not going to select all 500/1000 objects individual to asign a material :stuck_out_tongue:

MMh yea I think that I need a script to get this done :confused: thanks though!

here’s a very simple script:

import bpy
for obj in bpy.data.objects:
    if obj.type=='MESH':
        obj.data.materials[0]=obj.data.materials[0].copy()