How to buy those nice Pinterest textures ?

Hello people,

I have tried textures like these in my game, and they look awesome :

(Goggle = cartoon textures, hand painted textures, stlyized textures)

The thing is there is no selling information in Pinterest, not even a link to some online store or something.
(or perhaps I am dumb and can not see it ! :slight_smile: )

So what’s the point of uploading these nice textures in Pinterest if there is no link to buy them ?
Are they royalty free ? I doubt it, they seem highly professional.

I love the quality and variety of the Pinterest search so I prefer to browse those and get inspired and buy the ones I need.
Other websites exist of course, but they do not have such quality images.

Any ideas ? Thanks !

On Pinterest if you click the image it takes you to the origin website. In this case the one you linked leads to deviantart where the artists says it’s free to use provided credit.

Pinterest is not a store, it’s a social image bookmark.

Random users “pin” images found anywhere on the internet to a board, and then those images are shown on Pinterest.

The original author might not even know about his image being there.

As smxham said, for each texture you like, visit the original page. You might find the licensing information, a way to buy the image/texture, or how to contact the author and ask him/her.

And if you don’t get enough answers, you might consider commissioning one of these artists to make you a bunch of custom textures.

Yeah, I look at a lot of those on pinterest…they really motivate me…and I would like to buy some myself, but then the characters would stick out against the environment…since I’m not so great at painting those WoW inspired textures…I really should practice more :frowning:

The deviant art stuff is great…and has a HUGE selection, plus there are also UI/UX designs there…character sketches etc etc

Thanks guys, you gave me a lot of insight.
Luckily my characters (two of them so far) are consistent with this style of hand painting. But I must admit
that I had not planned for this; it was more likely, well, accidental :slight_smile:

PS: I just registered in Deviant Art. Wow. All those people creating all this great stuff. Magic!