How do you get your inspiration back?

I used to spend a lot of time on blender everyday. Then I’ve gotten very busy with life and am often too tired to even sit in front of the computer. I now have some free time but whenever I sit in front of the pc, I just can’t make anything. Nothing comes to my head. I lost the vision I used to have. Back then, I used to sit and I would instantly have an image in my head. Now there’s nothing. How do I get it back? does this happen to you guys as well? How do you fix it? Thank you.

Do you know your source?
Wabi-sabi.

Sometimes, a movement in any direction, even opposite, is all that’s needed to go on.
While sometimes, being still, being aware of a moment, if observed closely, is even better than movement.
Everything flows. Panta rhei.

“Here … a story was written and another monologue deleted. Enter.

1 Like

I see. I have changed and I cannot go back to what was. I should not try to pursue old me, but try to find new me. Thank you. Maybe I should try drawing before modeling. I used to draw everyday as a kid, but not anymore. Maybe that’ll inspire me.

1 Like

i find instramental music to be very inspiring. for more relaxing, theres a genre “real music”, cusco is one of my favorite artists here.

two steps from hell and audiomachine do trailer music, some more intense then others. some my favorite inspirational music.

then theres good old classical music.

1 Like

Music is an interesting approach to it. I will try it, thank you. I usually prefer silence but it isn’t working anymore, so I’ll try with sound or music.

When disconnected from a skill for a long time it is hard to get back into the swing of things. By gradually reintroducing that skill it comes back to us.

I recommend going back to basics by modelling something to hand such as a keyboard, mouse, mobile phone or lamp shade. Build a library of general props that you might use at a later time for when your motivation does return. It is when you are working on such simple, mundane stuff that you start to get an idea of what you would rather be doing, and by doing so you are able to move on quickly when you finally do get that idea. There isnt much worse when being tied up when an opportunity arises!

1 Like

I understand what you mean. I guess it’s because I stepped away for too long.

I’ve wanted to create a library for a while but never did. I think it’s high time I make it! Thank you for the idea.

Best of luck to you, Shenfara. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can offer this…

I’ve lost my motivation a few times and how I get it back is by doing one (and sometimes all) of the following:

• (re)start with something simple
  • go back and re-watch tutorials that motivated me before
  • (specifically for modeling) build something I have on my desk
  • re-watch Despicable Me (my favorite animated movie) or Shrek (my second most favorite), not all the movies in the series, just the first one(s)
1 Like

Are you distracted by something else in your life?

1 Like

Agree with Daedalus_MDW music helps. Sometimes I just listen to study, relaxing gentle mellow instrumental music. Sometimes soundtracks or EDM depending on work I am doing. Also good to look at work of other people and projects they are doing and be inspired and propell me back into action.

1 Like

Here are some good pointers also.

1 Like

You’ve obviously got a lot of things in your mind, you have to let all worries go, then concentrate…I’m quite sure that all lost inspirations and motivations will come back once you follow that

1 Like

Well, I went out exploring and this found me. So, when you get to the first music part make sure to go to full screen and auto-play is turned on. Well, you might have to experiment a bit, eventually though, it may indeed serve as inspiration. If not, that is the best I can do for now.

1 Like

Try reading comics. I often go to comic websites like mangafox to relax. These comics are very entertaining and help me to relieve stress.

1 Like

Yes, I’m busy with part time jobs and a real job. I just recently applied for a position and I’m waiting for their answer. I’m also busy with renovations at home and days are barely long enough to fit everything in and get some sleep. When i get some time for myself, I just don’t find the inspiration I used to have. I’m starting again with small things and I hope I’ll get back into it!

I also wish to thank all of you guys, mublenphoact, Mr Roboto, Bola, pixelmass, donkyhote.

I’m definitely not letting go of blender, I just love it too much.

Music always inspire my scenes. I listen to Alone in the Town by Akira Yamaoka and so I created this foggy, abandoned city with a character wandering through it streets filled with roaming monsters. Another scene is I listen to this Dead Space sound track Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and so I created this fictional moon mining station where astronauts are stranded due to alien organic matter that possesed some of the crew and turned them to zombies.

I also get inspirations from films such as Marvel movies where I created this Iron Avenger

1 Like

Help! I cannot post a thread! I got a problem with blender

I read other’s touching stories around social media especially those who faced a lot of trials but didn’t give up.

1 Like

I think it’s hard to maintain creativity for a long time unless you are also doing things to stay inspired. Pay attention to the things that you love. And be informed by them. Take time away from creation to do other things now and then also. Don’t be too hard on yourself, not everything you do needs to be a masterpiece. Though obviously if it is that’s great. But don’t force too high expectations on yourself constantly cause it stifles our natural creativity. Get back in touch with what got you interested in art/and 3d modeling in the first place.