Saíd

Saíd.

Personal project
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QvEB4

Software: Blender, Cycles, zBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter, Nuke, Photoshop.

AO - Viewport - Mist

Viewports

Process/iteration gif

C&C are welcome.

Attachments

1 Like

Oh gosh, it’s really good.
He looks scary but also lovely at same time.
Very good art!

Sorry but this artwork does not tell a story.
In other words, it gives you the same feelings as a random holiday photo of tourists.

it really is awesome :slight_smile: great work. And LazyVirus, there is a story, poor thing your lazy ass dont see it

Thank you! That ambiguity was part of the character concept, so I’m glad you thought of it that way (:

Thank you as well man! No need to apologize, it’s a valid opinion and refreshingly honest critique. To some extend, I agree. It was rushed (no excuse) and a consequence of it is that I’m not giving the viewer enough to construct a more close idea around the concept. Having said that, I wouldn’t say that it’s as empty as you put it (or I wouldn’t have posted it), but it’s definitely quite open, or vague, and I share the annoyance that can come from seeing that in art sometimes. In creative terms this is not my proudest work and that’s probably a big part of the reason why, on top of all the technical weak points I can see in it. But I stand beside it nonetheless, I think it’s good enough and holds some value in it. I’m fine if you didn’t like it and thanks again for sharing that with me.

Thank you!

I disagree about it not telling a story… it’s very mysterious and creepy, so you wonder what’s going on… so the curiosity makes you want to know more. Very nice work!

My lazy ass is ready to listen to the story YOU have to tell me.

It’s not a matter of emptiness. It’s static. As I’ve said it’s like a holiday photo of a tourist, there could be the Tour Eiffel, or statues, The monna lisa… but it doesn’t give you a hint to the story, to somethig that’s happening in the shoot moment. A vortex of glowing leaves is quite poor in telling what’s going on. The pose of the character itself is very static and not story telling. I don’t know if I’m clear enough.
And about like/dislike, if I didn’t like it at all I probably would have ignored it.

You’re just talking about a mood. When you ask yourself what’s going on you realize you don’t have a single clue about it. This is what I mean.

I’m just happy my little post opened at least a discussion.

Worry not, you were clear enough the first time. I didn’t mean literally empty, but in the sense that you can extrapolate from the example you proposed (empty like a holiday photo is “empty”, therefore I said, “[…]as empty as you put it[…]”). Not much to add on that, the rest is redundant to your point and I think my previous answer still holds for that.

Thank you!

I have to say you both sound quite childish in those comments. Do an effort and keep it civil, boys.

It’s what would happen if they made “Coco” a PG-13 movie I think.

Looks awesome even though I liked more the first poses in the GIF.

LazyVirus and what story does mona lisa tells?

by the way :v i wouldnt listen to someone who didnt start a single thread on this forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Andrew_GF: I like it. The only thing that is missing for me is a second/third place to look closer, after a general impression and the head which draws attention. Maybe the hands playing the instrument could be more visible, now they just merge with the whole figure. Anyway, cool work.

Thanks!

Don’t know who Andrew_GF is :stuck_out_tongue: but thank you! I agree with that critique, there isn’t enough contrast among the elements (besides the emissive ones and the rest)

1 Like