How would you smooth out a box modeled hearth?

Hello, Im working on this chair from Bag End from The Lord Of The Rings. Now I just need to carve out the hearth and managed to get a decent hearth looking shape. But as you see the egdes is pretty sharp, so Im wondering how I can smooth out the egdes to get rounded corners.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	521216

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	521215
    ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula - G.Skill RGB 16GB - i7 7700K Kaby Lake, 4.2ghz - ASUS GeForce ROG 1080 Strix 8GB - M.2 NVMe: Samsung 960 500GB - Windows 10 home

Alright, I got it abit better with some vert pushing. Thread can be closed.

Name:	Capture3.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	521218
    ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula - G.Skill RGB 16GB - i7 7700K Kaby Lake, 4.2ghz - ASUS GeForce ROG 1080 Strix 8GB - M.2 NVMe: Samsung 960 500GB - Windows 10 home

Okay you've completely missed the point of "Box Modelling". it has nothing to do with keeping the model blocky, like that, the idea of box modelling is making a proximity mesh as fast as you can with only primitives, and minimal deformation to them to get a rough idea of the final look very fast.

for a heart like that i would use boolean, if topology matters, say if you wanna subsurface it, then model the heart first, then find a way to fit it to the chair.