Problem with Rigify Spine Bone

Hello all,

I’m trying to teach myself to use Blender’s rigify add-on, and so far I’ve been able to find answers to most of my questions on these forums. But I’ve finally run into a problem that no one else has posted on here. I’ve generated a rig and applied it to my model. All of the bones seem to be working correctly except for one of the spine bones. I’m trying to bend my character forward at the waist, but when I grab the box control for the torso (located at the hips of the character/rig) and try to manipulate it, it wildly deforms the mesh:

As you can see, the mesh doesn’t appear to be parented to the deformation bones in the rig when I manipulate this control. I know that they are, because when I’ve moved other bones in the rig, the mesh moves properly and as I would expect it to move. I get the same results when I manipulate the neck control for the torso rig. I think I’ve managed to locate the problematic bone in the spine by using the torso tweak controls. When I select it and look at my mesh in weight paint mode however, this specific bone should only have influence on the chest of the model, not the entire model. I’ve double checked the weight painting of all of the deformation bones in my rig and they’re all properly weight painted, so I don’t know why these two controls are having such an extreme/odd effect on my model. And I’m relatively new to rigging, weight painting, and animating, so I’ve exhausted my limited knowledge on the subject while trying to solve my issue. So I’m hoping if I turn it over to smarter/more experienced riggers and animators one of you could give me some insight on how to fix my issue. I’d really appreciate any insight! Thank you.