Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proton Beam

Thank you cuervo the thing is really cool

sorry Nick is being a douche.
    Break it and remake it - Wrectified
    If you cut off a head, the hydra grows back two.
    "headless upbge"

@ Nick I understand n thanks. To be honest i do want to move on but i'm to invested. N i do use my game as a "danger room" n code new things in it as i go. So mario is like my debug test room. I save these files n put them away or give them out. In hindsight i do regret getting so invested in the project, but there was a calling for it by my subscribers and it pushed me to take it back up. I hesitate releasing it as a open source fuck off project, but i know nintnedo would ban it. It looks to uncanny to the real thing. I have a another game that i could evolve this to , but Mega Man comes into mind n i repeat the same pattern. Although i would remodel everything to be my own assets, and make new mechanics. All the code is reusable 100% mine to. what do u think?

Also that curve has a lot of potential. it can hold the shape of any object in it. I was thinking of using the debug function to srcoll a plane with a spark sprite in it and spawn a few here n there. It would give it a pro look. An extra screen blur n glow shader would be sick too.

I just had a crazy idea for how to get the light to glow on the floor and have the shape of the beam. i'll post when i get it. It would only work in flat ground though, which sux.

@Fred i'm gonna make a resourse thead for this. if u need help configuring a gun let me know, but only if ur serious. It could be done but u need python to change the way the 7 points arrange themselves and how to scroll the mesh from a spawn point to end.
    Last edited by cuervo1003; 21-Apr-18 at 00:18.

ok so here is the final version. I am pretty pleased with it. tell me what u guys think. I added a little music in the blend hope it suits it.
    more could be done boost up fps.
    new_photon_beam.png
    In the file hit space bar to excite the beam.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Originally Posted by cuervo1003 View Post
    @ Nick I understand n thanks. To be honest i do want to move on but i'm to invested. N i do use my game as a "danger room" n code new things in it as i go. So mario is like my debug test room. I save these files n put them away or give them out. In hindsight i do regret getting so invested in the project, but there was a calling for it by my subscribers and it pushed me to take it back up. I hesitate releasing it as a open source fuck off project, but i know nintnedo would ban it. It looks to uncanny to the real thing. I have a another game that i could evolve this to , but Mega Man comes into mind n i repeat the same pattern. Although i would remodel everything to be my own assets, and make new mechanics. All the code is reusable 100% mine to. what do u think?

Also that curve has a lot of potential. it can hold the shape of any object in it. I was thinking of using the debug function to srcoll a plane with a spark sprite in it and spawn a few here n there. It would give it a pro look. An extra screen blur n glow shader would be sick too.
    - all that I thought, I already said - be careful with other people's resources and TM. All the projects that you want to earn further on, do according to the principle - clear code (own), and my own resources. But the theme with Mario will have to be stopped at the level - fan work, without commercial use of name, design ... and your code, it remains yours, like.
    And do not forget that their national products are protected not only by corporations (owners), but also by intelligence - they have a special section ... and there are contactless ones, only the forearms are itching... if only he would not be in a psychiatric clinic, or even hang himself - be careful.
    If you are preparing a commercial project, do not rush to tell everyone about it - behave secretly.

forgot to add:
    - for whatever OS you are, the working computer should be without the Internet ...
    Last edited by Nick Manchul; 21-Apr-18 at 18:07.
    my main Thread | my Youtube channel | my Cloud

Originally Posted by cuervo1003 View Post
    ok so here is the final version. I am pretty pleased with it. tell me what u guys think. I added a little music in the blend hope it suits it.
    more could be done boost up fps.
    new_photon_beam.png
    In the file hit space bar to excite the beam.
    congrats, this looks amazingly good, almost trippy

edit: here's in action

Last edited by burnin; 21-Apr-18 at 19:37.

@burnin oh just hit space bar and it will be. thanks for the input i appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12