Anvil and hammer

This is my second render with Blender.

Anvil created following the Intermediate Blender Tutorial Series by Blender Guru.
Well, most of it as I used Blender 2.76 which means I couldn’t use the principled shader used in the tutorial.

2 Likes

If this is your second render, then well done! If you want to improve your render I would recommend watching blender gurus tutorial on “How To Make Photorealistic Wood in Blender” (for a more realistic looking plane), scaling the plane up (you can see the edges of the plane by the edges) and finally scaling the texture down.

Even if it seems like I give critique I still think it’s an amazing render!
/Train_A

I like it, except the hammer seems oddly tiny.

Yeah, I realized that after I started to show the rendering around (and few people mentioned it)…
I thought anvils were much bigger than what they really are.

Probably I will tweak size and position and will do a new render.

Train_A, feedback is absolutely welcome, I have a ton to learn!

I watched that video after I made this render, maybe I can try to improve things as I am probably going to change the hammer as well.

Thank you.

Today I decided to go back to this project to try to improve the scene with the feedback I got so far.
I also spent some time to fix some texturing problems I had with the hammer (still no idea why, I ended up recreating the model from scratch).

Probably I should have posted in focused critique the first time, but I was considering the project done at the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, this is the final render:

and a close-up:

Thanks everyone for the feedback.