Texture paint buggy or not intuitive?

I’ve spent 4 hours learning how to setup and use Texture Paint. Once I got results and think I can repeat the process I start anew. I build from scratch a new project to see if I understand the tools process. In the case of Texture paint, my experience has been very inconsistent in repeating a successful outcome.

So my question is, do you find Texture paint buggy or just difficult to set up and produce consistent results?

It is a bit different being that you have to create a blank texture image and save it then make sure you have it unwrapped proper to what you need then select that texture node you created and saved before painting. Otherwise you will end up with brush strokes all over the place even during the same brush stroke if you don’t unwrap it. So yeah I think it is a little bit counterintuitive but once you get used to it then it doesn’t seem so bad.

FlyingBaanana,

Thanks for the discription, it helps confirm my knowlage so far. I’ll keep at it

I’ve had the same issues…to the point where I thought I’d found a bug. Get everything set up…it seems to be working…then click add a texture or texture mask…they try to delete those…and it all goes haywire. I’ve never been able to recover after that…always have to start over.

I assume there’s something easy that I’m missing.