Stuck outside navmesh

My character continues getting stuck outside the navmesh and bugging out. I believe it’s because it is sliding around corners, however I have friction turned up as high as it can go. Is this a navmesh or a character or a movement problem?

Movement, sounds like. Can you post an example blend?

i did not get can you please explain it.?

The path finding does not work outside of the navigation mesh.
The assumption is the steered object is always above the navigation mesh. According to your description this assumption is not matched.

To get it working you can:

• ensure the steered object never leaves the navigation mesh (e.g. be making the mesh larger, or limit the locations the object can move to)
  • switch to another movement method when steering does not work

If you are unsure you can introduce an indirect steering.

• Have one invisible object that gets steered, but 100% follows the path (yes it will make sharp turns)
  • let your visible object follow the invisible one with another method (e.g. trackto + forward movement)

Consider this special situations:
A) the invisible object is too far ahead: it should stop path following ans wait until the visible object is in range again
B) the visible object stumbles over the invisible one (e.g. because it stopped or is simply too slow). In this case the visible object should slow down or stop. Otherwise it might (noticeable) wiggle around the invisible object.