Automatic/Check update function

Please, make a automatic update, automatic check for update function, i dont want to go every time for the website.

The steam version automatically updates.

seriously ?

… and if so already, incrementally please.

Cheers, mib :smiley:

Indeed it does which is so nice :slight_smile:

It’s amazing. There’s even settings for opt in for betas, no 2.8 quite yet. But that would be super cool. So you can run the latest stable on auto-update then have an experimental beta install of Blender that also auto-updates.

I love Blender on Steam, I’ve contacted the Steamworks maintainer on devtalk, trying to help solve the issue of missing Cover Art Images in your Library for Blender. Hopefully that gets fixed soon, and also that the Splash Image on the Store Page gets updated on every release.

It’s amazing. There’s even settings for opt in for betas, no 2.8 quite yet. But that would be super cool. So you can run the latest stable on auto-update then have an experimental beta install of Blender that also auto-updates via Steam.

I love Blender on Steam, I’ve contacted the Steamworks maintainer on devtalk, trying to help solve the issue of missing Cover Art Images in your Library for Blender. Hopefully that gets fixed soon, and also that the Splash Image on the Store Page gets updated on every release.

If on Linux, you can do this already via installing through a PPA. :yes: