[$] NodeSet Pro available on BlenderMarket

Hi,

I am pleased to announce NodeSet Pro, a completely rewritten and greatly enhanced version of my popular NodeSet add-on. NodeSet Pro allows you to import complete texture sets and create fully connected shader node networks in a few simple clicks.

I have created a introduction video to give some idea about its extensive configuration options that allow you to tune it to almost any workflow, regardless of the texturing software that you use. The add-on comes fully documented and you can read more about it on its BlenderMarket page.

cheers,

– Michel.

Uploaded the 2018 Spring Edition to BlenderMarket. New features based on user feedback include easy management of collections of texture sets, options to save/load preference presets and smaller stuff like a color ramp node to control roughness and preference settings to select the choose a projection mode other than flat/uv-mapping (convenient if you work with blended box mapping a lot).
More on this, including a demo video of the new features in this article.

Cheers,

– Michel.

NodeSet Pro has now been ported to Blender 2.80 and is available from BlenderMarket.

Still a bit experimental as long as Blender 2.80 is in beta but I didn’t encounter much issues myself :slight_smile:

Hi i recently bought your Add-on
where can i get find the Principled + Alpha Group Shader?

It was just a super simple shader I mentioned as an example of how you could use your own shader. It is nothing special but I have included it in the .blend attached to this post.

Cheers,

– Michel.

principled alpha.blend (527.5 KB)

1 Like

Hi , Just letting you know the addon is now broken on latest build :frowning:

Sadly , there is no way to download older version of build bots on 2.8
i deleted the working 2.8 version. before i knew its not working anymore

i hope it get fix soon , thank you

The addon is not working on the latest build. I tried to add a new material to a table top but the addon does not seem to be selecting the new material. Am I doing something wrong. Can you please fix it for the dec 25 th 2.8. Thanksisland%20kitchen%20table%20poliigon%20texture

I put a new version up on BlenderMarket (version 201812025) that fixes some changes related to the December 25 build of Blender r2.80 but I am not sure if that fixes your problem (internally Blender has changed things related to user preferences). Could you tell me what doesn’t work and/or do you have a console log?

1 Like

Are you using something different than the default user preferences (I think so based on your screenshot)? Then the new version I put on BlenderMarket (see previous post) might solve the issue. Could you try that please?

HI the older version problem everytime i use the import this one pops up
AttributeError: ‘Context’ object has no attribute 'user_preferences’

and now i downloaded the updated bug fix and its working fine now
i will let you know if there some function doesnt work or any problem

thank you for fast update fix

I imported a 3ds file into 2.79b and saved it as a blend file and then imported it into 2.8. Now when i try to add the new texture to the table top it will not apply.

I see what you mean: just click accept and it will add every material in the directory (which in your example is only a single one) to the materials in you scene. It will check subdirectories though, so if you have multiple poliigon texture sets each in their own directory, just go one level up and accept and then all textures sets are automatically included. (if you really want to add just one textureset Node editor -> Add -> Texture Set might be easier)

This behaviour the same as in 2.79. I agree that it is from this dialog not very clear that you are selecting a directory and not a file but unfortunately that is a feature from the built-in file/directory browser dialog in Blender

Why is there only one image texture hooked up to the pbr node? I think I had to change this from metal to color. Is it possible to open the material

texture set?

Is it possible that you haven’t configured the add-on preferences with filename extension suitable for for 4k poliigon textures? If you can show me a screenshot of the NodeSet Pro add-on preferences I might be able to tell. (Without the correct config you can select a texture but it will not be able to find the corresponding normal map etc.)

Here are my settings.

poliigon suffixpoliigon

I downloaded some 3K textures from poliigon and tried to apply plaster to some drywall. I changed my preset to

poliigon 3K in preferences. Do I need to uv map the wall first? This was a 3ds file I imported into 2.79b and saved as a blend file and imported into 2.80. Worked on dec 27th build. Had to manually connect noodle on color node. Would not work with leather valence but worked with node wrangler addon. When I went to edit this private post it posted the private message in the forum. I don’t know why.