Vertex texture

Hi
I have a mesh that has the texture saved per vertex. But in blender no textures show up. I can load the model in meshlab and see the texture but not in blender.Is there some way to see textures that are saved to vertexes or somehow extract the texture map?

What’s the format of the mesh? Look for ‘Vertex Colors’ in importer settings. Can you see the colors in Vertex Paint Mode? Do you have any items in Properties Window > Data > Vertex colors?

Hello Hellu
The format is obj there is no vertex colors option in the import settings. What i now tried is export the model as a ply file from meshlab.Now in blender in vertex paint mode and with texture mode set to solid I can see the texture.But the mesh has no material attached and isnt uv mapped. So what i tried was duplicate it create a uv and material for the duplicate then try bake from the original mesh to it but all i get is a black and white texture.

Any cidea what might work?
Thx

Google “blender bake vertex colors to texture”. Youtube is full of these basic videos.

Hey
I plugged that into google and the first video that showed up was one i watched yesterday to try figure this out lol. It didn’t work then with the original obj file but using the meshlab exported ply file is does work now.
Thx