Vape

Hi All

Family decided I smoke too much and bought me a vape, decided to model it while I smoked it. :smiley:

Getting a decent hole in a cylinder is no easy task and I spent a long time trying various methods, however could not get it perfect as no matter what I tried there seemed to be some deformation of the mesh.

See what you think.

Crits and comments appreciated.

Regards

Shaun

1 Like

Looks good. I had a similar revelation a couple of years ago.

Thanks Roken, yours look great, really nice. Where did you get the font for Smok? I searched for quite a bit and eventually just gave up as it is probably not really necessary.

Did you try the boolean modifier for the the spherical indent in the cylinder part.

I didn’t. I found a decent res image and processed an alpha from that.

I did and you cannot maintain a decent mesh with that workflow IMO, but maybe there is something that I was doing wrong. If you could maybe elaborate.

Regards

Shaun

Nice work. About the hole, have you tried using the shrinkwrap modifier?

Hi Kimoh

Thanks. Not sure if I did as I tried so many, maybe you can post a workflow of what you suggest.

I actually trawled the net looking for methods as well, cutting the hole is easy with many methods, maintaining a decent mesh is the difficult part. (Well for me anyway) :smiley:

Regards

Shaun

Speed7 are you using the latest nightly build of 2.79 with the modifier. Seems to me I saw where some changes had taken place.

Highly recomend the cuber addon. https://gumroad.com/l/cuber

@Ghost, hope you well. Never used the nightly builds before, just the released 2.79.

@FoundationofPause. Thanks, had a look at the vid for it and it seems nice, already got Hops and Boxcutter, the two seem very similar?
I could have used that to make the hole and leave the booleans live, but wanted to suffer and do it the hard way. :smiley:

Regards

Shaun