Characters from Jazz Jackrabbit(3D models)

Here’s my first attempt of my own Jazz Jackrabbit 3d model as screenshot.

As you see I even made more screenshots.

https://i.imgur.com/wVGMe7j.png
https://i.imgur.com/Lq2dRpW.png

They are at least a good step up from your first attempt (and the detail is about right for a cartoon model for a game). Do note though that Cycles is not a game engine (you will need to export the models to an engine like Godot or Unity if you want to add logic and make them move on user input).

Good for you on learning to make your own character models. It should feel liberating to not rely on others to make the 3D content you seek.

There are lots of game engines/game development/applications softwares DirectX SDK,Cry Engine 3,Game Maker,Clickteam Fusion(maybe game maker and clickteam fusion are for 2d games only,but some sonic fangames were made in 3d as for clickteam fusion FNAF was made I guess),Godot Engine,Blitz3D,Blender,Unreal Engine 4,Unity,VR Chat,Roblox,Minecraft(open world game for everyone where you can make your own maps and character skins customization just like in Sonic Forces…etc.)(usually for kids junior 3d modelling and map designing environment-it’s like mixed up Minecraft with LEGO)so that’s why it’s hard to choose.

Some pointers.

• VR chat isn’t really a game engine, a chat room is still designed to just be a chat room (even if it allows 3D avatars in a virtual space).
  • Roblox allows you to make games, that might seem good until you want to distribute them. The games have to be uploaded to their marketplace and the nature of the engine allows people to easily take what you created and sell it as their own.
  • Minecraft is also not really a game engine, it gives players a sandbox, but anything you make conforms to the way Notch (and now Microsoft) designed everything (ie. no truly custom game creation).
  • Blitz 3D is first and foremost a programming language, there are no visual tools out of the box and you will have to load in models/levels ect… with code (unless you create your own editor).
  • The Blender game engine is gone in 2.8, there will eventually be a new interactive mode, but the jury is still out on whether it will be capable of complex games out of the box.
  • Unity engine is free, but keep in mind the free version has some limitations (income cannot exceed 100k and you agree to allow Unity tech. to collect data on your usage via the telemetry features (it’s reported that players also get their data collected when playing a game done in the free version). The engine is also known for bugs that can be serious blockers when games get more complex.
  • Unreal 4 is very powerful, but very heavy on hardware, do not even try unless you have a beefy PC. It is also known for having a lot of bugs (despite the ultra-rapid development), Blueprints could become unwieldy with more complex mechanics.
  • Godot is a lightweight engine and sees new development nearly every day. It also has many contributors that make it truly feel like a community project. The only thing though is that it may currently have limitations that Unity and Unreal do not have (due to it being the newest of the bunch). However, the bug situation is a bit better (but it probably wouldn’t be easy to make huge AAA quality games just yet).

Hope that helps.

Well Minecraft is just indie game from 2008 on pc later ported to PS3,Xbox 360,Nintendo Wii U,Android…etc.Btw did Telltale Games owns Mojang and licence for Minecraft now?So what about DirectX SDK,Source Engine,Cry Engine?It’s helpful,but which I should choose and get focused on?So that interactive mode replaced Blender Game Engine Mode?Anyway I have more of my own Jazz Jackrabbit models as screenshots.So game development is no longer possible in Blender 2.78 because Blender Game Engine was removed,right?Btw I recreated some basic textures like Xmas logo from Xmas one year ago and characters huds…etc.

Anyways I added a new texture to monument’s podium

I also made screenshot of unknown weapon unused it can be found only in Unreal Editor 1 textures lists.

Attachments