Quest house

Quest House
I made it in a few weeks, and I’m happy with the result. Let me know if theres anything I should add.
Enjoy!:yes:
Click image for the full resolution

1 Like

Not bad but the last image seems under exposed

How that?

2 Likes

I ts only my opinion but seems that the exposition it taken from exterior so the interior it s very dark ,in the real pics rhe exterior it over exposed, but looks better

Im not really sure how to over expose the exterior in blender, so I did this in photoshop. I know its not perfect, but I currently don’t know how its done in blender. If you could let me know, that would be great!:yes:

1 Like

Looks nice, second image especially. But first image needs some tweaking, building is floating above ground. I would spend more time on post-effects to enhance your images.

http://www.sheepandstone.com/project/primrose-house as you can see in professional photo the exterior looks overexposed, i think you have only to take the original render and increase th e exposition ,look this https://bertrand-benoit.com/blog/westkaai-via-fstorm/
this is my old experiment

I think you’ll find very intersting this :https://bertrand-benoit.com/blog/the-photographic-look/

1 Like

I understand what your saying however an ample amount of light is already entering the interior, meaning when I increase the exposure or world brightness, all it does is brighten the whole scene and never reaching the point where the exterior is overexposed. I increased the exposure to 4 and these were my results.

1 Like

when the windows are very wide there is less differ3nce between indoor and out door

I did some editing in photoshop and heres what I got

2 Likes

it’s much better for me

I thought the blue was a little bit much on the left side, so I came up with this, let me know if it looks better or worse.

2 Likes

Very nice work, the overall atmosphere is quite good. Very nice choice of textures and models, are you an architect?

However about the CGI, I’ll suggest you keep working on it, there are a few things you could do to improve the quality and add realism.

The first image needs more balance, there is no focal point, I’ll suggest you focus the camera on the whole building. Also add more info to the background, maybe some different kind of trees or perhaps a HDRI with some buildings, wherever it is do not expose the sky/background, you should hide it completely. I can see the “infinity” background that is quite frequent in 3D work.

Add more variation to the grass field, take a look at the “How to make grass” tutorial from Gleb Alexandrov on youtube, is one of the most useful tutorials out there.

Happy Blending!

Thanks for your advice, I will work on the first image, and keep you updated. For the grass, I took one of the grass essentials free pack and used the boolean modifier on most of the grass. I was going for the fresh cut and well maintained lawn, however I could add some variation in the name of realism.
Thanks for your criticism.