Frigate

Hi,

WIP for an animation.

Frigate. Still early days, CC welcome

Added a Homeworld stripe because I really liked that game. I’m not great with textures really and i’m kinda struggling with that and greebles, got rid of the grey for now.

and a rear view

Added a normal map and spec map for some hull plating. Think it might be too strong, not sure…

Looks great :slight_smile:

It doesn’t look very realistic and the are a few reasons for that. Firstly you need to add some reflection to the material or at least change the lamps setup. Moreover the texture is not the greatest you need a normal map because it looks very flat. The model is ok and you are making progress but it would look a lot better by adding more detail so it looks less like a render.

Hi, thanks for the comment.

Yeah the plating is still way off. It has map for hull patter with reflection and normal map, its set quite low at the moment as anything above the current setting just looks silly. I do want to get the scale right. Its for an animation so it needs to look decent up close as well as far away.

Im contemplating physical hull plating rather than a map, I’ve seen some artists do it that way

Ok, so it turns out the normal map and spec map wasn’t working because I suck at nodes. I think i fixed it. Does this look better? There’s still a lot of the ships not textured yet.

exiting a jump-point