How can I bend my character's hands inward?

I’m an illustrator that primarily works in Photoshop. My son was born with a limb difference, resulting in him having no thumbs, webbed fingers and his hands turned sharply inward. I’m illustrating a book for children with his condition and it’s much easier to pose a 3D character and trace them than completely re draw them from scratch in a different position over and over. When you trace a model as the base of your illustration, it makes your illustration come out very accurate and realistic.
I’m not very experienced with Blender, but have managed to create a model that I’m satisfied with…except the hands :frowning: I can’t seem to bring them inward like my son’s without violently warping them. Does anybody have any idea what I could do to just simply bring the whole hands of my mesh inward?

Wrong forum section.

Different skeletal structure means you need a different model, different topology and a different rig. That would be best. However, for a quick and dirty fix, I’d just bend it no matter how ugly it looks, then fix it with sculpting tools and a blend shape, maybe adding some extra loops in there where needed.

Blend shapes is a solution.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Modeling” (though if you’re using an armature on an existing mesh, then the Animation and Rigging subforum might be better. Please let me know if you’d like me to move the thread there)