blender game is a bug pit!

Hi there!

looks joke but blender game is a bug pit!

I post few day ago blender 2.79 and 2.79b not working correct with no shadows enabled in render properties of BGE.

I discover blender 2.76 or above work fine with no shadows. But have others bugs that is joke. Try endObject() ragdoll group in blender 2.76.you cant nor with logic bricks or nor with python script blender endObject() function. Looks joke

I,m sad cant create a simple menu settings for finish my pre-alpha version fo my game.Beleive me i just with put shadows and shaders option for enable and disable in runtime.Blender 2.79 and 2.79b canĀ“t do it for shadows.give crash animations of player and crash game.if under Blender 2.76 got serius ragdoll group bug

:mad:

You can try the UPBGE fork, it should at least not have near as many bugs due to it having better code and much less rot in general.

Your mileage may vary though, as the project has recently been abandoned. The user known as BPR is trying to revive it, but it may never see a re-base to Blender 2.8 coming to beta later this year.

Now if UPBGE does not work out and you still want to stick with FOSS (and a decent interconnect with Blender), you can give Godot a try.

Ending a group object kills the empty.

to kill the group use

https://docs.blender.org/api/blender_python_api_2_66_4/bge.types.KX_GameObject.html?highlight=groupmembers#bge.types.KX_GameObject.groupMembers

for object in empty.groupMembers:
     object.endObject()

and ace is right vanilla bge is not maintained,

upbge has fixed hundreds of bugs.

i takes a certain kind of person to deal with the bge.

you need to have the mindset of a scientist, learning everything you can.

you need to be cunning to dodge all the quirks.

you need to think big, connect everything together like a puzzle or fine machinery.

you need to manage expectations, knowing that theres limits. but also loopholes and cheats to achieve a similar outcome.

if this isnt you, then you may need to rethink your engine choice.

the bge is about as much a game as it is a game engine.

i use 2.74 since its the most stable ive found, but the lack of features hasnt slowed me down. while i havent done much rag dolls due to excessive complexity, i can tell you menus and settings are very possible.

its in my ragdoll i have a empty for spawn the ragdoll. try made with logic bricks and python script own.endObject() to ragdoll and after for empty and nothing.in blender 2.76 no have a bug shadows in render properties.In blender 2.79 and 2.79b dont have a bug o endObject() but have a bug of texture understand :frowning:

lol if peoples are like you tell, we will see best games here.Dont put guilty on people put guilty on system always ;).BGE is a great project and a good engine butā€¦

I write to support of developer blender

stop poking the developers with bge bugs. they dont care one bit.

im not saying the bge is perfect, hell, im not even saying its GOOD.

im saying i like the bge because i think its fun to use, and it takes a certain kind of person to think that. im not saying that kind of person is good, bad, better, or worse. justā€¦ a certain kind.

like it takes a certain kind of person to like skydiving or composing symphonies.

if you like making games, but dont like the bge, then im suggesting finding another way to make games. nothing wrong with that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

stop you man you never said nothing good in any of my posts just stop shut up

he is right,

upbge has THOUSANDS of fixes, applied over 23 versions.

bge has not been updated in the blender sources in a loooooong time.

upbge has,

itā€™s like asking a orphens parents to care for him, when the orphange loves him,
and the parents threw him away.

yes sure.
look that is crazy the ragdoll is a object group
i try made ragdoll = scene.objects[ā€œragdollā€] beleive got error key not in list lol are in same scene then i rewrite your code in ragdoll object.
create a message (ā€˜endRagdollā€™) if time interval ocurr.

use message in logic bricks to run script:

for object in own.groupMembers:
      object.endObject()

got small error on console but it work :wink:

@linuxfree: I am going to do you a favor, although it may seem mean. It is often easier to blame the software or others when quite often the problem lies within yourself. We all suffer from this at time to timeā€¦chances are you just need more experienceā€¦it come with time. I get frustrated as well. I am a bit down about them gutting BGE from 2.8ā€¦but I am dealing with it.

you are right but blender have many secrets.
I,m using module with sendMessage to set propertie variable to true between scenes was got error on console till discover a little D on controller logic bricks to give permission to use read load module in all game on runtime without any error.BGE have true secrets beleive but 2.76 and above work fine without shadows.2.79 for me work like a bug crash animation player and after a game.

Try endObject() ragdoll group in blender 2.76.you cant nor with logic bricks or nor with python script blender endObject() function. Looks joke

Iā€™m using 2.76b revisiting an old game. Iā€™m not having problems ending grouped objects. ( I link enemy groups, armature, mesh, hitboxes, empties etc. from another blend) The enemy has a property ā€œhpā€ so, own[ā€˜hpā€™] == 0, (or <=0) own.endObject(). then spawn a dead body. with replaceMesh() (Not a ragdoll) Works. Which is a milestone for me because I love using logic brinks, but this is all python, 'cept for a few sensors, and actuators. :slight_smile:
but I am getting the error below when the enemy is killed.

i try made ragdoll = scene.objects[ā€œragdollā€] beleive got error key not in list lol are in same scene then i rewrite your code in ragdoll object.

The error key not in list, I think, is because the object isnā€™t on the main layer, or has been deleted by endObject(). I get those errors also, even tho my enemy works fine. Looking for a solution. Iā€™m not very good with python. . . yet. :slight_smile: