Are BGE files compatible with UP BGE ?

Hello,

I have been developing a game since May 2017 in Blender BGE.

I would like to switch to UPBGE if possible. Will the .blend files work ? (Blender version 2.79)

Yes lol. Unless you are developing in Multitexture (which I hope you aren’t) everything will be exactly the same.

upbge is a blender 2.79 but have .1

i hear this is a one way street. upbge saves things that normal blender may see as corruption.

Aha, that is useful to kow.
Although it is not so bad, as (as far as I know) UPBGE is maintained, while bge is not. So “normally” no one would want to change back from upbge
to blender.

Anyway, thanks guys!

• BGE files are partially compatible with UPBGE - physics yes, the syntax is incomplete. I personally encountered a problem with the keys registered in the script. Also there are examples of adaptation for synthaxis of UPBGE from example of BGE.
    But in the opposite direction, there is no compatibility - UPBGE in BGE physics of the objects does not work. You have to go on the way - append/objects from UPBGE.
    I personally because of this did, not switch to UPBGE.

Thank you for attention.

Also, I read somewhere that IK animation, is not supported in UPBGE. Have to use FK instead? Can anyone comfirm? I have also had problems with textures from bge to UPBGE. (GLSL) . And TEXT images aren’t supported in UPBGE. I still love UPBGE, tho.

OP here = Personally I decided to finish the project in BGE and not swtch. Well, it is going just fine with normal Blender, so why risk changes ?

1. if you can’t keep a stable frame rate and want to do more in a scene*
    (static mesh batching, instancing, static shadows, and more*)

2. if you find a bug , chances are that it may be fixed in upbge.

3. sdl2 input, motion sensor logic brick, joystick sensor, rumble actuator

4. It’s not Upbge anymore its Ketsji Engine. (the other repo is stale)

upbge.org is still up though, but no response from main developer and no one else can accept pull requests.

Well although those efforts are admirable, they should have continuity and support, otherwise they could pose more harm
than good to the people using the software. In this respect, Blender is a reliable base.

they have done nothing to it in years.

your claim is baseless

look at the commits.

upbge has 23 versions of bug fixes and added features.

So what, if no word from the developer, like you say, then I am not installing anything, period.

You know it is funny but people in some threads “advertise” to use this, and that, and the other,
and once you start seriously talking about it, all of the sudden “details” like “no word from
the developer” come up.