Bob! - Animated Trailer

Hi! I’ve been using Blender for about 6 years and I’ve finally started my first animated project. It’s a fake trailer for a fake App and it’s fully made with Blender.
I’ll be posting pictures of the progress so that I can come back later and remember the process of making my first film and, hopefully, help someone!

Right now, I have 2 scenes that are completed. I’m working of them by myself so it takes a little long to complete. Here are some renders:

Attachments

4 Likes

Here’s another render. It’s a very tricky one, because it’s underwater and I’m struggling with render times!

2 Likes

Awesome stuff, really love the underwater render.
Cant wait to see more :D.

@chrisbreen13 Thanks, man!

Here’s all the finished scenes I have so far!

I’m currently working on modelling the two characters that are left and 2 scenes!

3 Likes

I really like it!, it’s goofy and squashy. :smiley: Hows the other Characters looking?.

Here they are! I was working on some environments and retopologizing the characters.

1 Like

This looks really cool Jhonatan520. I know how your feeling. I made Mighty Midge all on my own as a first animated short and its a loooooong process.

A few crits.
1 - When the boy closes the front door he then then turns to it and closes it with both hands… there’s something about that animation that doesn’t feel right. I’m not really sure how to fix it - and it is only a few seconds,

2 - When he slides into the bed room he is decelerating but then he speeds up and starts sliding uncontrollably… I think if you adjust the speed of that initial slide it will be better.

I love the hopping about trying to get his shoes off and I like how he rests his head on the bed while trying to find his phone… really natural kid type movement.

Good job. Looking forward to seeing more.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, mate! It’s definetly a scary and exciting process at the same time haha

The critiques you gave really did help me a lot, thanks for that. Sadly, those scenes were already rendered and I have a deadline. But the critiques opened my eyes for some stuff I was noticing, but couldn’t put my finger on it haha

It’s finally done! I had some troubles in the process, but I’m happy with the result!

1 Like