[Add-on] Color Matching

Blender add-on for searching and matching the closest colors by color fans.

Add-on web-page: https://b3d.interplanety.org/en/blender-add-on-color-matching/

• Set the required color in the “Color” color picker field.
  • “Search NCS (NCl)”, “Search RAL Classic”, “Search RAL Design”, “Search RAL Effect”, searches for the 5 closest colors in the specified color fan.
  • The “Add RGB Color” button under each found color adds the RGB node to the active material node tree for all selected meshes.

Current version: 1.3.

3 Likes

Good, I’m going to use it for sure!

2 kabu

Welcome! )

Very usefull. Thanks for sharing

2 urkokul

Welcome

Hi,

I wonder the following:
The colors we can find like these, and colors defined by rgb value on the internet are not albedo colors. When you use filmic, a white paper for example is maybe like rgb 70, 70, 70. In order to get the colors you want finally in the render you need to render it first and then see what color it is. (render prefably with grey cart and with curve set the white balance or something).

So I wondered if it is possible to make an addon, or include that in this addon, something that solves this problem.
A workaround could be that you make some colorcharts, render it > set white balance > find the color you need and lookup the RGB code.

Hard to explain what I mean, but maybe someone can come with the correct terms.
Or how do you deal with this in Blender when choosing colors?

2 Peetie
I think it is not the problem of matching colors, it’s the problem of codecs formats and it needs another method to solve. Anyway, it is the interesting field to ponder about.

Add-on updated to version 1.1.

Added three new fans for search: RAL Classic, RAL Design, RAL Effect.

Hi,
Invaluable addition for everyone involved in real-world simulation / archviz.

Thank you !

Thanks!

Add-on updated to version 1.3.

• Added the Pantone (PMS) color fan

https://b3d.interplanety.org/en/blender-add-on-colormatching-v-1-3/