Searching an animator to create realistic, natural, and accurate athletic poses.

Hello,

First post here after an artist friend suggested I search the blender community.

Project Description:
I am working on a project to train athletes by breaking down sports movements into their component parts. For each sports movement, there are key points that are important to the master. For example, we may want to highlight the first step a sprinter takes out of the starting blocks. There is an optimal body position for the hypothetical sprinter at this point in the movement. The project aims to highlight, discuss, and explain these points in detail.

In addition to using real life videos, I would like to also use a 3D human model that has been posed at these key points. The advantage is having the ability to manipulate the model to get the desired and exact position.

The 3D Model:
I already have had the model created for the project where I purchased a female athlete from as well as an equipment skin. I had an artist from Upwork combine the two so the girl is now wearing the equipment and also has been rigged for use in Blender.

Methodology:
The method I’ll be using to move this project forward is as follows:

• I will have a video created of an expert performing the sports movement.
  • Using the uploaded video, I will provide pause points in the video. These are the “key points” where the 3d model should be posed. (If necessary, additional descriptions and/or details can be provided to explain the position).
  • The artist will ideally be able to recreate the 3d model’s positions from the pause points in the video.

Some Givens:
For the first sport we will be modelling, most all of the positions will overlap with each other. The more positions that are created, the more likely we will be able to reuse a previous one with some small adjustments. Nearly all movements will be symmetrically balanced on both sides. Further, almost all the movements will start with a basic stance that will be the base to be modified for the respective pose. In other words, as we go along and build a library for the project, each subsequent pose should get easier.

Who I’m looking for:
The blender artist I’m looking for is someone who can quickly and accurately recreate the athletic poses. The following are in my opinion great examples of someone who has this ability.

http://bit.ly/2HeEQbH

You should be ideally familiar with working in a team environment and where you’re able to work with others on potentially the same file(s) at times.

Remuneration:
I’m looking to pay fair value and open to discussion. Compensation as a result will be based upon your level of experience. I’m hoping there’s someone out there where this is right up their alley and they can nail a pose quickly.

To Apply:
Please send me a PM with a link to your relevant portfolio items. I’m going to be assembling a list of candidates that my colleague and I can then follow up with. I’m also posting in a few different places.

Looking forward to hearing from you! Please let me know as well if you have any questions.

Looks like this has gone live and thanks already for the inquiries! As an addendum, I have also posted this on upwork. (If you prefer to work through there I can invite you to the job).

What I am currently doing is building a list of qualified candidates. From there I’m going to work with an artist colleague to short-list it further and prepare a paid test project. The test will be a working example from the current project so we can both get an idea of expectations and process.

If you’re interested, please be as concise as possible with your portfolio examples. The skill and quality of work guys/gals are capable of really already blows me away. For this project though, what’s most important at this stage is being able to absolutely nail a natural, human, athletic pose.

Hi, I interest of this job, follow my reels.

https://vimeo.com/250047874

https://vimeo.com/213660757

https://vimeo.com/190811388