This place needs an app..

Am i the only person that thinks this place should have a desktop/mobile app?
Its probably because im extremely lazy. but i think it would be great :wink:

P.S. This is probably not even where a post like this should go. Just an idea tho

What would an app give you that a mobile-friendly responsive design (like the one that’s coming with the Discourse migration) wouldn’t?

If you want a mobile app just go to your app store of choice and search for a suitable application such as tapatalk

I really dont know to be honest. just had it in my mind. something that would notify you when you have PM’s or a thread reply. i get logged out automatically in about a 3 to 5 minute period, i get caught up sculpting in longer periods so if im watching something its always a sign back in process. Just an idea. Honestly im not sure what the discourse migration is?

simply organize your life by yourself, be responsible for your actions

no wonder human is getting less intelligent - more dependent, less tolerant - more aggressive, less smart - more ignorant, weak, lazy and afraid animal

set your account accordingly, open your browser

When you login ensure you enable the remember me option so you don’t log out. If you still do then check browser addon/extensions etc that may be causing it. Check in your profile settings for notification settings.
‘Discourse migration’ = moving from vBulletin forum software to Discourse

ahh ok nice, thank you. i will get on that. would make life easier lol

tailored shortcuts to use in a forum (think tapatalk)
no problem fiddling with address bar every time you scroll your screen
better caching and download of attached images and the like, possibly better upload options too (some browsers go nuts when trying to upload content from the phone)
push notifications.

there’s a difference between exercising inteligence and digging through something with an unoptimized tool. Sisyphus didn’t became ultra reliable, evolved and inteligent rolling that goddamned rock.

if it can’t have an app, it can’t have an app.
If it’s not worth the effort and cost of ordering its development, the question could be answered like that.
It isn’t a question without merit, though.

Thanks Ouraf, ill look into that as well. Thank you for an actual reply, and not using the time in your life for irrelevant uselessness :wink:

Once we’re on Discourse you can use their iOS/Android app. It’s basically a wrapper for a web browser, but it WILL give you notifications on your mobile device or replies etc.

Thanks B@rt!