Greek temple

This is my third Blender project: Greek Temple.

I started working on it after watching the beginning of the Modeling a Temple video tutorial by CG Cookie.
Unfortunately I managed to follow only the first 10-15 minutes (making a column) as the voice-over is inaudible for most of it and I gave up pretty soon.

Not surprisingly, this project took more work than I expected when I started, but I had to learn and understand a lot of stuff on my own.

The model is not historically accurate, but I am still happy with the visual result.

I posted in “finished projects” because I am not really planning to work more on the model for now, but comments and critiques are more than welcome.
In particular I would be interested in knowing what you guys think of camera views and presentation.

2 Likes

Even so, misalignment is too disturbing…

Could you elaborate a little bit more?

I can’t read minds yet… :stuck_out_tongue:

The misalignment in pillar construction (is there any other?). Such work is not fit for any kind of temple. Humans, even other beings care about the detail. It’s simply out of context.

BTW
You don’t have to read other’s mind to see, use your own. :wink:

That’s actually something I did following the tutorial, but I guess I can try to tune it down a bit and see how things look.

There’s not just one column in the model, you know, so I had to ask. :wink:

Well this “old” CGC-Classic Tut is on Blender 2.6 and - yes - one of the “bad” ones in quality and also a bit bad in intention, workflow, technics and acuracy. So in general a tut from the beginnings of CGCockie and … well, they took what they could get on start-up. The decision to put those “old” and sometimes also unhappily outdated or missleading videos on a free YouTube-channel had a big discussion at CGC prior. But finaly done in the way as they are presented now - always with the blender version in the title, so that someone knows, that there might be some diffs to the actual vers.

Yeah, I was completely aware of that when I started and I am not complaining at all, after all it’s a free resource. :slight_smile:
I was just giving some back story in my description.

I wish there was a remastered edition though… :stuck_out_tongue:

Wonderful work

Thank you!