How do I use the curve modifier to make an object connect from one end to the other?

So I am trying to curve this somewhat flat 3D object into an accurately divided cylindrical object

Here is my workflow:

1. First I make the flat 3D surface.
  2. Then I add a Curve modifier to it.
  3. Then I went to Object mode and inserted a BezierCircle.
  4. Selected the flat 3D surface and on the Curve modifier, I connected the BezierCircle to it.
  5. Then it goes all abstract.
  6. Then I resize the BezierCircle to try and get the flat 3D surface to align properly while pressing CTRL. (I rarely use free increment). But it will always be off by a tiny margin or it will overlap with each end.

I’ve also tried to subdivide the BezierCircle so that it has 16 columns, same number of column as the flat 3D surface and it didn’t work either.

I hope someone can guide me to get this working.

Example .blend missing from the post. Tutorial linked in my signature shows why and how to prepare and upload one.

You’re better off deleting everything except the 4 vertices and edges between that makes the profile, and use screw modifier to get the form. Alternatively could keep it as is but use simple deform modifier to bend it.

Stretch and bounds clamp in object data properties for the curve will match the ends, but better aligning the curve and mesh from the start keeps the settings and deformation predictable.

Thank you! The Simple Deform modifier is what I was looking for.