Skin Artifacts after importing MakeHuman model using "override exported data"

As per my screenshot, I’m getting strange black artifacts on the skin of my MakeHuman model ONLY when importing using “override exported data,” setting. I don’t get the artifacts just importing MakeHuman model as is, without any override. I’ve tried all the different rig options available in the override settings, and they all create the artifacts. The reason I want to override the default data is because by doing so you can create a rig with IK capability; something not available when importing default data. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix? Thanks!

Ok, think I found an answer, maybe not “the” answer, but… I was importing with Blender in Blender Render. So I tried importing by first configuring Blender as Cycles Render. The artifacts are gone almost completely, although a few small traces remain. I’ll probably try some additional import / different rigs; see what happens. Cheers

This looks like two meshes are sharing the same space and interfering with each other. In the settings that come up when you override export data, do you have proxy enabled?

If so, either disable that setting in future, or select your proxy and delete it or move it to a different layer (it might be useful to keep it, it may make it quicker and easier to animate referring to that rather than your main mesh).

Hope this helps!