Assigning material to submesh

Ok, I’ve got a mesh with a material assigned to it (let’s sat mat1). Now I want to assign an ALREADY EXISTING material (mat2). Is there any way to do it? Since I know you can make a “duplicate link” to the material, and then make the material single user.

I could make a new one, and just make identical to mat2, copying and pasting, but that’s not the point, since you have to adjust then 2 identical materials… I’d like to just assign the submesh the existing mat2. How?

Thanks.

F5- Before the material name you have a button with two small triangles, one pointing up, the other down. This happens if you’ve made more than 1 material. click on it and select the material you want…

p.s naming your materials helps…

Yes, I know you can assign a mesh an existing material. My question in not how to assign an existing material to an entire mesh: actually I mean how can I assign an existing material to a group of faces in the mesh without creating a new instance of the material. If I select another material from the two-arrows button, this material gets assigned to the full mesh.

Any idea?

Oops!! Sorry, I finally got it :expressionless: Thanks!