Blender 2.37a with Prython 2.4.1

I’m using Blender 2.37a for Windows (XP SP2) and Python 2.4.1 which I have installed prior to Blender and defined the PYTHONPATH and PYTHON paths.

When I start Blender, this message is displayed on the prompt:

Using Python version 2.3
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available.  Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.

Is it possible to use Blender 2.37a with Python 2.4.1?

Python-nOOb here, but as far as I know python 2.4 doesn’t work really well with Blender… better use 2.3 which should work just fine…
On the message you get it seems to me that you didn’t set the path correctly… but then again… python-nOOb!! :wink:

Yes, if you compile Blender yourself.

Is it possible to use Blender 2.37a with Python 2.4.1?

No, I don’t think so. Not unless you compile it yourself.
All version of Blender that start with “2.3X” are for Python 2.3.X

b2.37a still looks for py2.3 and will print this “warning” if it’s not found, but this should only matter for some special scripts as most scripts only use blender-python internal functions or those who are packed in the python23.zip in your blenderdir

as far as i know blender 2.4 will be compiled with python 2.4 that’s why i installed py2.4 on my machine some months ago (hoping for a fast release :wink: ). don’t know any scripts that won’t run. and i think the version numbers match coincidentally…

Thanks for the answers. I’m realy a python newby, except for the fact that I know blender and python for the las 10 years, I have never dived into them, what I want now.

I have some system variables set for python:

PATH = …;C:\Python;C:\Python\Lib\

PYTHONPATH = C:\Python;C:\Python\DLLS;C:\Python\Lib;C:\Python\Lib\lib-tk\

PYTHON = C:\Python\python.exe