Virtualigt3d

Hi! anyone using the Python export script that accompanies the VLight3d install with any success? Vlight ist set properly on my system,( have done some test renders), Python is also set properly. I´m using W2k

//errors in dos terminal

PYTHON SCRIPT ERROR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "vlightexport210.py", line 10, in ?
  File "c:/python22/lib\re.py", line 27, in ?
    from sre import *
  File "c:/python22/lib\sre.py", line 97, in ?
    import sre_compile
  File "c:/python22/lib\sre_compile.py", line 13, in ?
    import _sre,sys
ImportError: No module named _sre

If I´m not mistaken, is´nt the “SRE” module some kind of backwards compatible Regular expression LIB? I´ll be pleased if someone sheds light on this problem of mine.

Thanks

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5454

The python2.2 re module is not compatible with python2.0.

Thanks Eeshlo!

I forgot an easy solution that is mentioned in the script, and probably others miss too, you can replace the re module with the ‘pre’ module and then it will work with python2.2 as well.

so change line 10, which looks like:

import os, re, sys

to:

import os, sys
import pre as re

then the script will work without problems so you don’t have to install python2.0, although that would be best as that is the only python version blender is fully compatible with.

Thanks for the tip! but I thought things would be much safer by installing python 2.0 in addition. It works but from the information I gatherd from the Vlight forum it seems that the script is outdated, I had to comment a few things out to get it to render properly, and even then some things were not quite right( other errors)

Cheers and thanks

nhytro

Yup, the VL-export script needs to be updated. The VIB interface has been changed and extended quite a bit since Jano wrote that script. I’ve been thinking about doing something about that sometime, but it seems I can never quite get that show on the road… :slight_smile: