Victory at Felistopia (SUPER CHALLENGE 200)

Here is my entry for Blender Artists Super Challenge 200
(“look what the cat dragged in” theme).

The title of this work is Victory at Felistopia.

Additional images and links:

FULL SIZE ENTRY IMAGE (960x1280)

PRE-POST IMAGE

WIP THREAD

Thank you very much for taking the time to view my work.

Take care,

RobertT

i love the amount of detail

That is the SHIZNITE!!!

this is amazing i wish u the best in the challenge

robertt really brilliant work, the lighting, textureing and colors are awsome!!

only crit i thought of when looking at it was the eye on the rat was so cool, that i wish you would have kept the other eye in the picture too, hanging out, with the green glow on that one too, or even hanging out with no glow like it was turned off. i just thought that would be a great detail.

anyway, its freaking great, it will be an awsome challange for sure with this entry,

five stars!

verry cool stuff :slight_smile:
lots to see here :slight_smile:

So I got no chance of winning this… lol.
But its OK, I’m happy just seeing the stuff you guys make.
amazing.

Hi there RobertT. You’ve got a very nice image there, love he mouse head. Good luck in the challenge.

Once again, your attention to detail is stunning Robertt.

This is going to be an interesting challenge… :wink:

Aligorith

Wicked stuff as always. I really like the over all modeling, the armors are very nicely detailed and texturing is just great, especially the stone floor.

A Trojan Mouse.
The thought is even better then the image.
P

rexprime: Thank you! I spent a lot of time going back over the details and adding things. About 50 hours went into this project, so I’m especially hoping in this project the effort is apparent.

SyncI3 and solartic: Thanks :slight_smile:

Wu: Thank you, Wu. This was my most intense concentrated Blender project to date considering the timeframe. I kept returning to each element in this project trying to push it further and further. I wish you the best in the challenge.

p00f: Thanks, that was my goal.

Imperitor: Thanks so much.

foCus: Thanks, foCus. I went through several different versions of the mouse head before settling on this design.

Aligorith: Work on the details this time around was pretty much exhaustive. I agree this should be a very interesting challenge!

Hippie: Thank you very much, Hippie. Textures and lighting were other major areas of focus here. Lighting was particularly challenging given the complexity of the composition.

vliegtuig: Yeah, there’s many ways to consider this. These days I don’t just set out to make a picture, so the storytelling element is usually important, along with the interpretive potential of a piece. And it’s always fun to hear what people think.

RobertT

really alot of work there… great work :slight_smile: the light is amazing

Love the detail level Robertt. A lot more than you typically do, which is nice to see.

Love the camera angle too. Great choice.

BgDM

Great job on everything! The level of detail really makes it stand out.

Hi RobertT, it’s a really nice image you’ve got there. Good luck in the challenge.

/foCus

oh just saw that I’ve allready said it, well now you know I really like it. :slight_smile:

At CG someone focused at one important aspect of the whole difference between beeing and 3D artist and 3D artist. According to me only commercial projects can help you to take under controll all the best things of 3D world and use them in the real battle at the top tech market. I found new sense for my work. To be the best, perfekt killing 3D mashine - to terminate market oponents at all levels. To be the most expensive one, to be real master. It’s an art to join market success of your art and style with commercial success of value of your artistic portfolio. But, but, but. Your thinking must be than close to monk, asian master of fight art and philosophy, master of peace to save internal and psyhical balance for perfection. It must look like made by mashine. :wink: Or Jilles Tran.

Wha?.. yeah, I guess I… agree…?

Anyway… topnotch work, RT. I think the colours do it for me best.
Just be careful with your ‘bigger’ scenes, with that amount of textures and details it’s very easy it gets cluttered.

Love ya,
Sago

I’m not talking about deviants, althought look at Blanche or Tran … they are deviants definitively:rolleyes: .

narven: Thanks, narven. Lighting’s always an area I looking to improve in, so your comment is appreciated.

BgDM: Thanks so much, BgDM. Deciding on the camera angle early in the process really helped. I enjoyed working in all the details in and wanted this to be special in terms of effort.

frodo2975: Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

foCus: Haha, thanks again! :smiley:

Burt.S.: Interesting and some wisdom in there too :slight_smile: I know commercial work can bring out the best in an artist placed in the highly competitive atmosphere of creating art for pay. There are different motivations though always to consider, why we create. I also know it is easier for a paintbrush to fit through a keyhole than a big fat wallet and that I want to be an opener of doors instead of a buyer of fine looking walls. To be a master of peace as you mentioned is a truly noble goal. May we all get there.

Sago: Thank you for comments, Sago. I knew I had to pull out all the stops for the SC and do some serious blending. Your entry was very entertaining. I wish you well in the challenge.

RobertT