Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    hey Basil, you reminded me.. pretty much added layers to bones and when adding to armature I noticed .layers is a list rather then a flag :/

Do you have a preference? -
    I like flags because you can do if arm.layers & bone.layers
    Podcast * dotfiles * My Wiki * Blender/Stackexchange
    ideasman42<at>gmail.com

Do you have a preference? -
    I like flags because you can do if arm.layers & bone.layers
    I don't really have a preference, I guess. I didn't expect anyone to ask for my input on such things.... Whichever way makes the most sense, overall, for the API will work for me. No sense in adding something one way, then going back and overhauling it later to bring it into line with other modules (as seems to be taking place with the IPO module).

There's certainly no need to rush, but thank you for picking this up again. I'm having some trouble getting everything to run on this new XP system, so I won't get to try any new additions for a week or two.... (Here, Basil barely surpresses a violent rant against Windows XP....)

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone...PoseLib16d.zip

This is just a bug fix for an error (a really bloody stupid error) with pose export.

I'm about two thirds of the way through some documentation for this script. Hopefully I should be able to post the documentation in the next day or two.

My apologies (especially to Bugman...) for the error with save.

Usage

Is this intended to be used only on systems with Poser, exporting via the python lib, or can it be used directly to open cr2, hd2, hr2, pz2, and pz3, for example, by someone like myself using Blender 242a and BMRT 2.6 on SuSE Linux 9.2 ?

I ask because I have had no luck with using this or Poserio.

Independence from Poser would be very useful, otherwise I'll have to find an old Poser to install on Mac OS 8.6.

Thankyou for the hard work that has gone into this, I hope it grows along with Blenderman and other RI Spec/Blender interfaces, CGKit and increased Gimp support.

Tenzin

can't wait for the docs. Average user is going to want to see pictures and how the script saves time, then everyone will get it and like it

Tenzin, this script does not require Poser. It can import .pz2/.p2z files and .hd2/.hdz files (Poser pose and hand files) and it can extract an armature from a .cr2/.crz file. The PoserPython script (the link is on page two of this thread, I think) can export Blender Library type poses from Poser, and this script can open those. The Blender Pose Handler primarily works with those Blender Library style poses. I added the Poser support as I went along, but Poser is not necessary to use the BL poses with the script. So it is independent from Poser. It will not, however, help you open a .pz3 file.

Sorry... I've been dragged away from writing docs. I am terrible at explaining things! Have you noticed that? The WIP form I have is most of the way through explaining the various buttons and tabs. After that, I need to write step-by-step instructions for some of the more complicated procedures, and I guess pictures would be a good idea. I'll have to put it in .htm format.

I'll try to get back to documentation in the next few days. In the meantime, if you have a specific question, I'll try my best to answer it clearly.

Cool

Hi, Morning Basil.

No problem as yet then, I'll wait until you've written docs and try to get better at manipulating armatures in the mean time. I can sometimes get stuff out of pz3/cr2 using Compose.jar, and save these as .obj.

Basically I do this because I am much better at shading and rendering than modelling when it comes to humans, have more experience in rendering molecules, and I found a load of free stuff from Poser including V3 and a full set of Ultrawoman/Raygoddess poses etcetera :)

Tenzin

look forward to a few docs, very interested in using this. Thanks for all the work

I have small request for Basil_Fawlty. Please can you wirte a small tutorial for using this script. I have downloaded the script. On Execution What steps should I do for Blender/Poser Transfer.

I have small request for Basil_Fawlty. Please can you wirte a small tutorial for using this script. I have downloaded the script. On Execution What steps should I do for Blender/Poser Transfer.
    You can import a Poser .pz2/.p2z or .hd2/.hdz file using the same methods used for loading a Blender pose. These files should show in the Blender file browser or the listbox browser. Exporting a Poser pose is less obvious and not really working (problems with rotation errors).

First, be sure the target armature is currently selected.

To load a pose, either click the "load pose from file" button on the "Apply" tab, or use the listbox. The pose listbox is found on the "Poses" tab. Locate your pose folder by pressing "browse" to use the Blender file browser, or toggling "folder" to use the listbox to browse the folders. Once you have the target pose folder open using the listbox in folder mode, un-toggle "folder" to view the poses in that folder. Double-click on a pose to apply it to the current armature.

To save a Poser pose, click the "export Poser pose" toggle on the "Save" tab. Poser poses need joint rotation orders to save the file, so a menu of jp order options comes up. Use the option to parse the orders from a .cr2/.crz file and browse for the file. Then click the "save pose" button to use the Blender file browser to specify a name and location for the saved pose. You will have the option to use Poser compressed format when saving the pose. As I said, pose export is still very imperfect. There's more going on in the formatting or rotation conversions than I've been able to understand.

Hopefully the above covers the basics. Sorry I made it so complicated. I tend to keep stacking options when I'm working on a project. I get compulsive.

I hope these all will work on one Common Model. For Example I use poser. It has Creeper (Daz Free Model). To bring the Armature in Blender I used that cr2bone_import.py and imported Creeper's Bone In Blender. Now I use http://biphome.spray.se/millfield/ Python Script to create a nice walk/Run. It is working Perfectly in Blender ( Only Bone ). Now I want this running Bone structure back in Poser. In this how will this script help.

It is working Perfectly in Blender ( Only Bone ). Now I want this running Bone structure back in Poser. In this how will this script help.
    For this, you can use the Poser pose export method I outline above, but you shouldn't expect perfect rotations in the resulting pose. I tried a number of different conversion methods, but Poser pose export still seems to suffer from errors which may represent problems with gimbal lock. The math to refine the process is a bit over my head, and so far I've not found anything to help improve it.

You might try Cambo's (fairly recent) .bvh export script. I haven't been able to test it (I don't have the BPyMessages component which is required), so I don't know how well he has succeeded with the problems I encountered. When I last read a post about his script, he seemed to have left the rotation issues unfinished, however, so my script, buggy as it is with Poser export, may still be the best available option.

If you do try the Poser export, please let me know what happens. Any feedback might help find a way to fix the current limitations. And I apologize for those limitations....

My problem is little different. What i found
    Walk->Blender is Best
    Programming->Blender is Best
    Aim->Blender is Best
    Talk->Dazs Mimic But no Walk
    Prop->Daz (Free as well as cheap)
    Since DAZ and Blender Both are fee, I want Actions etc. should be
    transfer to each other. I tried BVH Export in Blender it is not working.
    Any how I tried Blender's Python to write a DAZ Script
    I this http://www.patricia3d.com/mpges/v3c.mpg
    I use DAZ-V3, Mimic Lip Sync, Blender->Python for Daz->V3's body Movement according to voice. In this I used Blender for Python Scripting which will wirte a DAZ script which will be acceptable in DAZ.

This is a very interesting, useful script! Was there ever any extensive documentation (other than this thread) written about it?

Ahhh.... Documentation. Ah ha ha ha.... Ahem.
    No, not really. I'm absolutely terrible when it comes to explaining things or organizing documentation. It's not something I'll be able to undertake in the short-term. In fact, I'm kind of wondering how much of the script is still working, with newer versions of Blender. I have a new computer and Blender has some display errors on it, so I've been working more on other things recently.
    If you have any specific questions, perhaps I can address them....

Hi
    Basil_fawlty
    thanks for great hard work.
    Please give some documentation. I got Poser5 and i want to use Blender Armatures created with MakeHuman (Old which was creating armature + mesh both )
    How to do that?

yo this looks like a great script, very useful, now ur being plagued by documentatuion questions. keep up the hard work. will test and suggest later...

"Please give some documentation. I got Poser5 and i want to use Blender Armatures created with MakeHuman (Old which was creating armature + mesh both )
    How to do that?"

I apologize for the lack of docs. I'm having similar problems with a PoserPython script which is under development. I'm better at trying to answer specific questions as they arise than trying to organize explanations up-front. I don't rule out documentation, but I'm not confident about producing any in the near future, for any of my projects....

Regarding using Blender figures in Poser: these scripts won't really help that way. They work more in the other direction. Poser figure setup is completely unlike that of most 3D programs (DAZ Studio excepted, given that it's designed to use Poser figures). You have to group the mesh and set the joints using Poser's internal tools. There's really no way that I can dream up to extrapolate a Poser joint setup properly from an armature and vertex weights. It could, perhaps, be done with great difficulty, but I'm afraid my skill hasn't advanced that far yet.

Perhaps more feasible would be trying to import the Blender mesh into Poser and create a skeletal rig out of props, then try to recreate the vertex weight/armature bending using PoserPython and callback events. This seems feasible, although probably slow. PoserPython has no built-in methods for matrix math, so all of that would have to be scripted, and the resulting script wouldn't be able to fall back on any compiled infrastructure and would only run as fast as the interpreted Python would permit. I'm speculating about such an idea, though. No one has done this for Poser. Right now I'm still trying to get my head around matrix math enough to do something similar in PoserPython, involving skeletal-style deformations.

So the real answer is that your MakeHuman mesh will need to be turned into a Poser figure using Poser's tools, presumably the setup room. A Blender script might try to export a grouped obj for Poser, using the vertex weights as a guide. Perhaps such a script could also export a Poser .phi file, which could be used to create the basic Poser figure, using the grouped geometry. I speculate again, however. As far as I know, no such scripts exist.

"yo this looks like a great script, very useful, now ur being plagued by documentatuion questions. keep up the hard work. will test and suggest later..."

Thank you. If you have any feedback, it might prove helpful. There are parts of the script that could probably be greatly improved. There may also be parts that are no longer working in current versions of Blender. I haven't tested with anything later than some fairly early 2.42 CVS builds.

I know this works under an older version of Blender (2.43?) but has anyone gotten this working with 2.45? I keep getting an error "Nonetype object is unscriptable" whenever I try to zero the current pose. Also, it doesn't seem to be possible to save poses.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast