BZoo .. Network gaming for Blender

A 3D chat has been released for Blender

It is basic … but it works well …

It should lead to the MORPG in a “near” futur …

Find out more here :

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77049

and here:

http://bzooworld.org/

not bad, i could see (hopeing) it being developed and getting alot better!

Thank you braveheart …

Look at the futur of BZoo world:
http://blendman.free.fr/bzoo/

What about using Bzoo into Racfeph?

It could be a good idea … don’t you think ?

what so this is basiclly the networking system right here?

Wow!
I like it so much…works fine here!
Its need more art and animations(of course)!
very good job!

braveheart

yes BZoo is something that can add network capability to your game.
so that people can join in your game and discuss while playing it :slight_smile:

Rod

thank you
amongst the three persistent world which was made with BZoo

one is very animated already …
http://lodweb.free.fr/downloads/bzoo/Bzoo_JOE_LOD_Packed.blend

and one is showing some nice art … (not yes finished)
http://blendman.free.fr/bzoo/

but we’re still looking for more content …
contributors needed …

so how hard is it to impliment into a game?

we at Monkey Games are currently developing a new game “Monkey Sailing” witch includes custimizable ships, missions etc… but we think it would be cool to have a “Multiplayer option” to show off your boats do missions together etc…

so we were just wondering how hard it is to impliment?

brave;

This is very cool and the template can come in handy. Thank you, jbperin!!

The .blend “Le golo street” have been updated (little bit bigger and some stuff added), you can get it here :

http://lintz.chez-alice.fr/LeGolo_Streetmodif_v1.1.zip

Peace :).

gg7

thank you … :wink:

braveheart

Use the World Template file to start a new world (by importing your art into Main scene)… or to import network layer into your existing games.

The BZoo site

Looks cool, but it crashed on me twice.

fireside

could you give me more information on the circunstance that led to a crash ?
which plateform do you use?
which blender version do you use?
what did you do before it crashed ?
which file were you using ?
any error message on the console ?

could you give me more information on the circunstance that led to a crash ?
I use 2.42a linux. I was using the LOD I think it’s called. I was running away from that arm thing one time and another time I tried typing something with an f2 or something. I think the console crashed too but I didn’t really check. I didn’t see any one else there, are there other players or is that in the future? It’s a cool idea and seems to work really well. It was fast, I’m just on a telephone modem, of course, I suppose other people will slow it down. I think the best thing for those things is to send the extremely least amount of information down the pipe. Like mainly position change, orientation, chat stuff. Is that what you do? Do you need a special server for that or can you just use one of these really cheap type sites? Really, almost all these online game things don’t work. The only thing that makes sense to me is to download a client that has almost all the information and then play against people and chat, but who wants to use some expensive server for that? I can see doing it if there is a charge or something.

I use 2.42a linux. I was using the LOD I think it’s called. I was running away from that arm thing one time and another time I tried typing something with an f2 or something. I think the console crashed too but I didn’t really check.
the arm thing might push you far away … it is funny when it is wanted but a bit bothering when undesired .
this arm thing will probably vanish on forthcoming release of this world …

I didn’t see any one else there, are there other players or is that in the future?
Well … there used to be other players … when we were intensively testing …
Now that the stuff works quiet well, visits are more rare …

It’s a cool idea and seems to work really well. It was fast, I’m just on a telephone modem, of course, I suppose other people will slow it down.
in fact … it doesn’t really slows down when the number of connected people increase… or at least it wasn’t really perceptible during our tests
The most visible effect is that other people temporarly vanish from the screen when network load becomes high.

I think the best thing for those things is to send the extremely least amount of information down the pipe. Like mainly position change, orientation, chat stuff. Is that what you do?
Yes … that’s what we try to do … we try to have the most optimised protocol between server and clients… however
position and orientation are systematically sent even if no change occurs …
position and orientation weigth something like 44 bytes per connected people which are sent 3 times a second…
as for the chat stuff … it is only sent when a message is sent …

Do you need a special server for that or can you just use one of these really cheap type sites? Really, almost all these online game things don’t work. The only thing that makes sense to me is to download a client that has almost all the information and then play against people and chat, but who wants to use some expensive server for that? I can see doing it if there is a charge or something.
You can run a BZoo server program on your own PC … you will only have to give your IP adress to people using the client.
Your provider probably don’t give you a static IP adress , thus … this IP may change over time…
In such a case … you can use a dynDNS.org adress …
We tried it and it works :slight_smile:

A BZoo server is a pur python program … it uses very few CPU load … and you can easily limit the bandwidth consumption by limiting the number of accepted simultaneous players

The only big issue with BZoo (just as any other Multplayer Online Game) is that the network load is not proportionnal to the number of player
the progression is not linear …it is more like an exponential law … :frowning:

I have a problem here on my Mac OS X 10.4.8 - Blender 2.42a. Mouse management is chaotic at best. It is just not usable.
I’m very intersted in your project, though, and will sure follow it closely :slight_smile:

Greg57,

You’re the very first person who tried BZoo on a Mac…
I thought GameBlender didn’t work on Mac …

I’d like to know more about the problem you encountered …

The mouse handler was taken from the file:
fps_bullet_preview.blend
Even on PC it is said to move too quickly …

Could you try this file and tell me if you have the same problem with the mouse ?

Did you manage to connect ? (it should appear in the F3 or F2 windows)

Ooops… désolé j’avais oublié ce thread :wink:

Ok I’ll have a try

EDIT:

Okay, just had a quick try. It is somehow better, but on the whole not useable at all (it feels like the soft is checking the mouse position once per second at most, and my computer is a fast one so no problem on that side :wink: ). Yes, I remember I had the connection. Good luck :slight_smile:

i have to say i just tried this this morning and WOW this is awesome i now have to learn python and this is very cool

i need to learn python to figure out how this works
i did manage to turn it in to an exe and have it run well
i just need to ask since this is done in blender its ok to work on expanding this right?

i don’t want to do anything wrong here

“i just need to ask since this is done in blender its ok to work on expanding this right?”

You dont have that right automatically, please contact the authos(s) of the blend file.
blend files are copyright by the author
Use the template and make something yourself would be a good suggestion.