Macro wildlife photography

It was a lovely day, so I decided to use my camera (Canon Powershot A610) for a little macro shooting, which it seems rather good at.

Here’s one of the photos scaled to 50% and cropped that I particularly liked.

Alex

Attachments

Great shot! I’m unfamiliar with the term ‘macro shooting’ though. I assume you program the camera to shoot under certain circumstances?

Very nice, a bit overexposed maybe? And do you mean “micro”(small)?

Macro means using the camera to take pictures of small stuff, or for a better (and more accurate) description:

To do it with my camera I just need to select macro mode for focusing (tell the camera to try focusing at small distances, normally these are excluded to save time) and make sure there is no zoom on (it seems to interfere with the close focusing). Then find a subject and snap it. You can get special macro lenses, but I’ve never tried one.

@Cativo: Yeah, a bit overexposed, but only by about 2/3 stop IIRC, and I like the brightness. Wouldn’t be too hard to postprocess it down as I don’t think there are any too washed out regions.

Alex

(here’s another one, the common Cranefly (aka Daddy long legs):slight_smile:

Attachments

Learned something new :slight_smile: and I didn’t overexposed, I meant a bit too bright so some details on the flower are lost/hard to see.

hehe, I’ve been looking for a good shot of a Dlonglegs! Thanks;)

Nice shots, but I’ve never heard anyone call a cranefly a daddy-long-legs. In Connecticut, that refers to a completely different critter… something more like a spider.