N3D version 1 exporter with documentation!

N3D version 1 is, for now at least, officially finished! For those who don’t know, N3D is my 3D file format. With N3D you can export triangle meshes (Make sure they’re triangles!) from Blender Creator 2.23 (it’s only been tested with this), then easily load and use these meshes with C++ and OpenGL. The texture mapping and memory management is automatically handled to make the work of a programmer a little simpler.

It could be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/cheesesquid/index.html

Somebody asked about it earlier, when it was not nearly as complete. Now it is at a point where solid meshes (non deformable) could be easily used. If I had a little more time I would make it so vertex coordinates for animation could be exported, but as it is I’m much too far behind with my homework already. Maybe version 2 would have this, along with more features.

Anyone who cares to could add to, or modify, N3D to be better, as long as I’m emailed the new version. Anyone could use N3D for any purpose, it is not copyrighted and there is no licencing, so there are no limitations.

That was:
http://www.geocities.com/cheesesquid/index.html

… Well? It’s been a couple of days now. I know at least forteen people have visited my tiny page since I put N3D up on the internet, so does anybody find it useful? What do you think? I have a list of things that could be improved, but is there anything you might suggest? Is it too horrible to comment positively? It makes me wonder what people think about it… Comments please.

WHAT IS THIS??? 97 views and only two replys … and both came from me!!! :-? Input people. INPUT! Oiga-baloiga!

I think you have done some great work with this, really well documented too. It seems straightforward enough to use.
I think the thing is that there are probably not that many C++ programmers using this forum. You might have more luck at blender.org, also maybe try posting in the game forum, there might be some people there who could use something like this.

In any case, again, great work!
:smiley:

… Oh. Well, I guess that does make sence… The percentage of Blender users who are also C++ programmers might be a little small…

What is this C++ everyone keeps mentioning? Does it have multiplayer ?

C++ is a programming language in the same sense that python is. Even though they are fundamentally very very different.

Oh I know, twas a little joke :slight_smile:

LoL
Trust me, i’ve had worse questions on gamedev from newbies, hehe.