Dynamica Question

Hi

I wanted to try out running Dynamica from a new .Blend file without relying on the included Alpha06.blend file, and I just can’t seem to get it to work. The gui comes up fine, but what do I need to do to get it to do a simple plane emitter ejecting out some spheres?

I set up a dat file called “Point”, which is a mesh plane with the vertices deleted. To this object I parant a sphere called “Sphere”. Then i add a plane called “Plane” to serve as an emitter.

In the gui I enter:

name: Point
Dupliverted object: Sphere
Emitter: Plane
I increase the number of objects to emit a little.
and do a save.

All I see is a bunch of vertices by the emitter, no spheres and they don’t move when I advance the frame slider.

What am I forgetting or doing wrong?

Thanks for any help…

2 things

first, you forgot to create a script link.

Go to the Script Buttons window
Press new
In the blank field, type RunTime.py
Go to a Text window and modify RunTime.py to point it to the correct dat file

second, you have to parent the duplivert object (in your case, “Sphere”) to the emitter (“Plane”), select the emitter and press the Duplivert button in the Animation Buttons window (F7).

I hope that solves the problem.

Martin

Thank you theeth. That was exactly it.
I really appreciate your help. Many thanks :slight_smile:

One other small problem I had, was that when I run Gui.py, when the interface first comes up, the ‘Exit dialog’ box is displayed. Any idea what might cause that?

It doesn’t happen when I run Alpha06.blend .
The only py scripts i have loaded are Gui.py and RunTime.py .
The rest of the .py files I saved out to the C:\Dynamica AND C:\Dynamica\module directories.

[Edit] I figured out that if I load GuiC.py, I don’t get the “Exit” prompt on startup. So new question, should I load all the .py files as was done in Alpha06.blend or can’t I just store them somewhere and reference them in my path or PythonPath statements? [/Edit]

Is Dynamica beeing still developed?

You don’t hear anything about it lately.

One other small problem I had, was that when I run Gui.py, when the interface first comes up, the ‘Exit dialog’ box is displayed. Any idea what might cause that?

That happens “sometimes”, and it’s either a bug in Blender (very likely) or a bug in GuiC.py (unlikely since it happens on random conditions usually).

the development was frozen until the source became more stable. Then we will restart the project.

Martin

Is this project/dll still being supported or used. I just discovered it but I have LOADS of questions.

the download link should still work, but like I said when I first posted this, I will not answer questions on how it works, it is given only as is, for educationnal purpose, for whoever would like to study the code or whatever…

Martin