makehuman - linux

Hi,
I downloaded makehuman. Looks good. Unfortunately it seems that it can only be used in windows, because of the path dialogs. The script does not accept unix-like paths. Is there a possibility to edit the script? If so, where and what is to be changed? (I am not familiar with python)

Thanks
macherb

read the docs - the script is developed under linux
change the path at line line 66 you can identify it
start with ROOT=

ciao

kino

oooppps sorry, confused with the Yable script :expressionless:

I use MH under linux whit no problem, not sure to understand your problem

sorry for the mistake

kino

I’ve tested mh under linux without problem, and under
different distribution…can you tell me the path that you
enter in the start window?

You must use the standard MakeHuman, and
not the Windows version…

Are you downloaded the correct version?

Cheers,

Manuel

I downloaded the version without python.
When I start the script, it wants to know the location of the libraries. I enter it (/home/user/blender/plugins/human/) and press ok. Then the window displays the script again. Sometimes the window is fixed to and moved with the mouse pointer. Hence I guess that the syntax of the path (omitting the drive letter) is the problem. BTW, the headplugin e.g. works fine.

My system: debian/testing (2.4.18.).

Thanks
Macherb

The script quits when the path is wrong.
The window is attached to the mouse pointer when you press enter in the textfield. Instead left click somewhere to leave the text entry.
If you accidently hit enter left click with the mouse (maybe twice if the textfield is activated) and then click on “OK”. It takes some seconds until the actual gui shows up.

Ha, I found the problem:
For some obscure reason (to many hours at the computer?) I thought it is sufficient to enter the path to the MHlib-dir (omitting the the MHlib itself in the path). Sorry for bothering with my problem.

regards
macherb