Can't set python path with WinME

I’ve tried the links on the sticky thread. It still doesnt work. Im using WinMe, and no one seems to have posted anything specificly about winMe

please help

Thanks

dante

I am not sure about environment variable settings in WinMe…however.
You can always edit your Autoexec.bat file. Open up your notepad, and from there open the file Autoexec.bat file located in the C drive. This instruction is assuming that you have your Python files also located in the C drive.
Enter the following line

SET PYTHONPATH=C:\PYTHON22;C:\PYTHON22\DLLS;C:\PYTHON22\LIB;C:\PYTHON22\LIB\LIB-TK

This would also be assuming that you have Python 2.2…but you can change it accordingly.Save the changes when you close the file and reboot. Should be set. Now that I think about it, WinMe should have a feature to edit environment from the msconfig utility…but the above will work.

the only thing close to autoexe.bat is autoexe.bak and im pretty sure thats just a back up for the autoexec.bat in c:/windows/command/ebd

I have WinME also. This is simple.

1.Click he start button.
2 click run.
3.Type sysededit.exe in the run dialog box that pops up.
4. Click the editin window with the titlebar that says autoexec.bat
5. Edit the autoexec.bat file with the python path that was noted in the previous messeges.
6. Click on the save menu.
7. Reboot the computer.

The above post by SHABA has a slight typo. In the run dialog box you would type sysedit . Just to clear that up. Happens to the beast of us.

well i am on a winME machine now iand i literally just set my python path 30secs ago using the autoexec.bat method

of course the blender scripts still don’t work yet cause of somthing else but i will keep trying things till they do.

so the autoexec.bat method does work!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: