Feature request: Improve the forum archives

Hello,

I’ve a suggestion to the forum administratiors: since these forums are very active and great solutions to common problems are found, it would be really cool to make even more efforts to easily find the best topics that helped a maximum of users.

What I suggest is the possibility for each logged user to give one point to each topic that helped him to find a solution. Then, it could be possible to sort the topics by these points and you could easily browse and find again these useful topics. When you perform a search with some keyworks, the best rated topics would also appear first.

Gabriel

These forums are using phpBB which does not provide that functionality (althugh many of us would like to have it)

Since it would be a pain to upgrade phpBB if we put our habnds too deep in it adding such a functionality is not on schedule.

THis does not mean it would not be a great idea…

Stefano

topic rating will be available in phpBB 2.2. Asfar as I know the release date for that is somewhere in Q3 or Q4 of 2003,… I will upgrade to phpBB 2.2 by that time

That’s cool, phpbb is really great! I just love such kind of projects that progress at such a nice pace!

Gabriel