Can you set the object's age in MakeHuman?

Hey all, this is my first post!:smiley:

I recently downloaded the new MakeHuman, and I couldn’t find any way to modify the model’s age like the old one. Or ethnicity for that matter. Does anyone know if there’s something I didn’t see?

Thanks for your answers!:slight_smile:

-FadieZ

I had exactly the same problem today.

As far as I can make out you can shorten the limbs and use the baby face morph for the face. As for ethnicities, there are some presets in the “character settings” window.

Personally, I feel we need baby, child, teenager and adult presets.

Koba

Thanks. I did try that but the baby just ends up looking like an under-aged bodybuilder. By the way I had another question. Is there any way I can make the program mirror any changes I make to one side of the body? For example, if I change the right arm’s detail, the left arm looks the same. If there is a way it would save me loads of time. Thank you!:slight_smile:

Again - not that I know of.

I just did one side, memorised some of the values and swapped over and copied them. The advantage of this is that if you allow a little variation, the character looks more realistic - no one is perfectly symmetrical.

Takes five minutes extra at most.

Koba

One more thing:o

There appears to be some kind of white triangle on the human’s chest. When I import the object into blender, changing the material color affects only this triangle and the human’s teeth.

Any help:confused:

Yeah, this is a documented bug in the latest version of MakeHuman. Just apply the skin material to the chest polygon in Blender to fix it.

Only problem is the teeth become skin-coloured. I guess I will have to wait for them to fix the bug. No biggie!:cool:

No. This is very easy to do:

• Import your model into Blender
  • Select the model
  • Go to “edit mode”
  • Select the two white polygons
  • In the “Editing F9” panels, look for the “Link and Materials” panel
  • In that panel, the second row of buttons down are arrow buttons and a colored square. Notice that it is currently set to “Teeth” and “7mat1”. Click on the arrow keys until it’s “Skin”.
  • Unselect the polygons.
  • Magic! Now your two poly’s are set to the skin material and your teeth are a very pretty white!Lesson to be learned: Never say that something can’t be done in Blender, cause there’s always somebody who knows how to do it. All ya gotta do is ask! :wink: Hope this helps!

Wow do I feel stupid. Thanks! I’ll be using that in the future.:slight_smile:

Hello guys!!! I been using this forum for a while to learn a thing or two and I found out its was about time for me to join.
Since I don’t find what I want in the internet, I figured this would be the best place to ask for help since u guys seem to know a lot.
I’m making this model, which character I made in MakeHuman, and replaced the face for a scanned one. I had some trouble to have the rigging working, but with a lot os research I found Mixamo, and luckely they solved the problem. After importing it again to Blender, I noticed the model was a bit too big. I want it to look like a child, aprox. 13 years old, and my char looks like 25. Well… I instaled the add-on from make human to try and fix this so I wouldn’t have to do it all over, but no success. Does anyone know if it is possible to correct in blender?
Thanks in advance! :slight_smile: