Page 101 of 149 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2979
    Originally Posted by Jennifer_P View Post
    I can't see the videos, Patricia; I'm at work and they're blocked by our paranoid web filter, even though I *am* using Blender/Freestyle for company use. :P Most inconvenient, since half the tutorials I need are on Vimeo and Youtube. And I don't have internet at home right now either, so... /shrug

I wonder what could be the matter with it that Shapekeys aren't working for me, specifically? Perhaps it's the fact that I'm using a Win32 build on a Win64 machine.
    Jennifer_P, Shapekeys are not working properly. They have a few bugs. In some cases, like in most of my files, they are pretty useless.
    But there is a simple workaround for certain situations:
    Create a shapekey. Call it "workaround", for example. Move it to the first position in the shapekeys stack. Then hide it. Now you should be able to work with the rest of the shapekeys. Looks like the problem is mainly related to the first shapekey in the stack.

I tried modeling the character "Kyubey" from Madoka Magica (if you've seen the anime) and rendering it with Freestyle. Admitedly it's a very simple model that can't be compared to the previous one I showed here but this is after all a simple test for rigging/animation learning purposes.

this is decent idea as that will mean i'd eventually be able to combine cycles+BI+Freestyle....together......would freestyle be opencl/cude accelerated or is this even possible for such a project
    GTX 560ti 448 cores limited edition 1.2gb|1055t x6 Phenom|16gb ram|

s12a,
    Originally Posted by s12a View Post
    I tried modeling the character "Kyubey" from Madoka Magica (if you've seen the anime) and rendering it with Freestyle.
    I like it . Maybe a bit "rigid"? I mean its pose looks like a bit forced, but I never saw that Anime.

Jennifer_P,
    I've updated and compiled blender this morning to r45134 and the shapekeys problems look fixed.
    Last edited by vicentecarro; 25-Mar-12 at 08:16.

Originally Posted by vicentecarro View Post
    s12a,

I like it . Maybe a bit "rigid"? I mean its pose looks like a bit forced, but I never saw that Anime.
    I agree it's a bit rigid, but the rig is not complete, only the tail is posable. As I said, this is not much more than an excuse to learn rigging and animation, on which I have almost zero experience.

This loopable very short animation I made out of that looks stiff too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcZTH...ature=youtu.be

I used Freestyle here too, but edges aren't that much visible.

s12a,
    Nice video. I'm interested to see the finished version of this "Kyubey". Keep us informed.

this my try with freestyle, thanks for you all your hard work @T.K. and friends
    created for a Spa promotion

Light Bwk
    Originally Posted by venombite View Post
    this my try with freestyle, thanks for you all your hard work @T.K. and friends
    created for a Spa promotion
    This is pretty impressive... Will feature it in BlenderNPR.org when the site is ready.

**LIKE** nice.

@venombite really good! i'm polynesian so i have to like it
    - Ike AhLoe
    Watch my short "Clocked In". diy punk + animation + open source

I have just downloaded new version Freestyle_r45147_2.62.2

and getting error when I opt for this file. ( this module is included in the new built )

E:\blend\FreeStyle\Freestyle_r45147_2.62.2\2.62\sc ripts\freestyle\style_modules\svgwriter_image.py
    Error I am getting in console
    Waring: CurvePoint::getFEdge() failed.
    Waring: CurvePoint::getFEdge() failed.
    and out

I am trying to render this model
    http://www.blendswap.com/blends/weap...i-tank-cannon/
    Modified shader to shadeless and white and sky=white

I am not sure if you are referencing the Win32 build that I posted, r45147, Blender 2.62.2 with Freestyle. I have been "blindly" including the SVG modules and the IO folder. Both of these were being used earlier in the development cycles, provided by T.K. for SVG output. I do not know if they are compatible with the current build, as I have not tested them. Perhaps the developer, T.K. can comment and correct them so that I can include them in future builds??
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware....
    so sayest the Animated Fool. HARTWORKS http://www.hartworks.net

@paulhart2 - If that was a reference to my post asking about SVG output I am sorry, I have note made myself clear.
    I have used the SVG module several times and it works great but I do feel more comfortable in the Perameter editor especially now as it features the "marked edge" selection.
    So I should rephrase the question to ask if there are any news on SVG output from the Perameter editor?
    Thanks for answering though and clearing that up
    And above all thumbs up on the work you do!

I've got a problem on a model I'm making (WIP).

The 3D eyelashes here have been marked as Freestyle edge. The idea is to exclude them during the rendering process. They are part of the "face" mesh, but as a separate piece.

This what happens during a normal Freestyle Render:

This is when excluding Edge Marks:

Garbage appears. Am I doing something wrong?

By the way, the gap highlighted in the red circle is due to a transparent mesh used as a "decal". I've excluded that from the edge rendering through groups, but it appears this breaks the rendering of edge lines on the face.

have you tried simply unchecking edge mark?

The first image is already with edge mark unchecked.
    However, I don't want edges to appear on certain elements (eyelashes).

patricia3d,
    Thanks for reporting the issue. I will look into the issue asap.

paulhart2 and ejnaren,
    I think of integrating SVGWriter to the Parameter Editor when time permits. The idea is to export plain stroke geometry with base color/alpha/thickness properties and geometry modifiers applied. Because of the lack of variable color/alpha/thickness in SVG, all modifiers of these properties will be ignored. I don't foresee any major technical difficulty, so it will be a matter of time.

s12a,
    The garbage lines appear because you have used negation (NOT, specified by X toggle buttons) together with logical OR. The edge type conditions you have specified in the screenshot are interpreted as "Silhouette OR Crease OR Border OR (NOT Edge Mark)". This eventually selects feature edges of all edge types except for Edge Mark, because the condition "NOT Edge Mark" is satisfied by all edge types but Edge Mark, specifically including Contour, External Contour, Suggestive Contour, Material Boundary, and Ridge & Valley. The garbage lines are likely suggestive contours.

I guess you want to select "(Silhouette OR Crease OR Border) AND (NOT Edge Mark)". This can be done by having three line sets with the following edge type conditions specified, respecitvely:
    1. Silhouette AND NOT Edge Mark
    2. Crease AND NOT Edge Mark
    3. Border AND NOT Edge Mark

In general, negative conditions are useful only when used with logical AND.

The WIP renders look very nice, btw (:

Originally Posted by T.K. View Post
    s12a,
    The garbage lines appear because you have used negation (NOT, specified by X toggle buttons) together with logical OR. The edge type conditions you have specified in the screenshot are interpreted as "Silhouette OR Crease OR Border OR (NOT Edge Mark)". This eventually selects feature edges of all edge types except for Edge Mark, because the condition "NOT Edge Mark" is satisfied by all edge types but Edge Mark, specifically including Contour, External Contour, Suggestive Contour, Material Boundary, and Ridge & Valley. The garbage lines are likely suggestive contours.

I guess you want to select "(Silhouette OR Crease OR Border) AND (NOT Edge Mark)". This can be done by having three line sets with the following edge type conditions specified, respecitvely:
    1. Silhouette AND NOT Edge Mark
    2. Crease AND NOT Edge Mark
    3. Border AND NOT Edge Mark

In general, negative conditions are useful only when used with logical AND.

The WIP renders look very nice, btw (:
    Ah! thanks for the explanation, now I finally get how this works, I will try applying these tips next time.

By the way, before you posted these suggestions, I made a turntable animation of this very preliminary WIP in full HD with roughly the same settings (line thickness values are slightly different) used for the first picture in in my previous post:

(view on youtube.com for Full HD)

The white collar portion has an unapplied Solidify modifier (to give it some thickness as it's paper thin), and it looks like it causes some edge flickering with Freestyle. I haven't tried in animations yet, but on stills, edges get correctly rendered if apply this modifer. Problem is, I don't want to do that yet!

Originally Posted by T.K. View Post
    ...The idea is to export plain stroke geometry with base color/alpha/thickness properties and geometry modifiers applied. Because of the lack of variable color/alpha/thickness in SVG, all modifiers of these properties will be ignored.
    You are a wonderful guy T.K.

s12a,
    I forgot to mention the missing line segment due to the "decal" object.

The visibility of a line segment is determined accounting for objects in a render layer. The determined line visibility is never changed afterwards, and line sets are just meant to pick lines according to user-specified conditions including those concerning line visibility.

In order to have the missing line segment properly drawn, you will have to set up a couple of render layers and combine them by the compositor. Basically, you define one render layer containing objects for line drawing, and another layer that renders objects' solid colors and textures. By excluding the decal object from the former render layer, you will be able to recover the missing line segment. By means of the compositor, you can combine the line drawing on top of the second render layer output.

An additional option is to have a third render layer showing only the decal and to place the line drawing layer between the solid/texture layer and decal layer. In this way you can have a translucent decal color nicely mixed with the line color.

For what concerns the line flickers, it is difficult for me to imagine that applying and not applying a mesh modifier would affect line visibility. This is because Freestyle just receives from Blender a bunch of tris and quads regardless of how they are generated. I will try to reproduce the issue on my side. Anyway, thanks for the problem report.