Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149
Results 2,961 to 2,979 of 2979
    @matthewg42,
    Yes, that's a known bug.

I thought that Freestylers might be interested in this post of mine, showing a cheat for edge shading in the viewport. Could be a very cheap way of animating (using OpenGL render) or just a nice way to explore a flat-shaded model in realtime.
    I am a Blender Cloud member. Are you?

I met the issue.
    Is this known issue?
    I'm struggling with this issue.
    (blender v2.76(official build))

breakline_20151022.PNG

2.75a~2.76の間で、線が切れる問題への修正が入っていると思いますが、まだ出ているので別の理由 のように思います。

Where can I view and edit the freestyle source code?

I'm interested in exporting a simple 2D DXF vector file and I'd like to see whether this is feasible for my limited programming capabilities.

The freestyle DXF output is a dream of many blenderheads, especially architects. Have you examined the "Freestyle SVG Export" addon already? Maybe it could be just modified?

Or you can convert SVG to DXF, but I dont know how accurate it is (I tried it in Inkscape, but have bad numpy version.)

Hi Rinkhals, you have to clone Blender source code to get your hands on Freestyle source.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/De...ilding_Blender

Cheers, mib
    OpenSUSE Leap 42.1/64 i5-3570K 16 GB Blender 2.7 Octane 3.03
    GTX 760 4 GB, GTX 670 2 GB Driver 375.26 | Blender for Octane

Is there a way to export text as a text from blender to svg with Freestyle SVG Exporter?

Originally Posted by Zbyszko View Post
    Some new test with freestyle
    Those look like very stable lines, is it new in Freestyle, or did You used some tricks?

Since I saw this guy I always wanted to make him life in 3d. Here's results:
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE=obis_81;3082663]Since I saw this guy I always wanted to make him life in 3d. Here's results:

KABOOM! Great work! I've seen that image also and at that time was thinking just the same =). Would you like to share some insights of your workflow? Or even the blend-file? Even some screenshots would do =) Thanks.

That's super nice !! Maybe you can disable the dynamic shadow for the leaves of the jacket and the boots, it looks a bit 3D

[QUOTE=vilvei;3082688]
    Originally Posted by obis_81 View Post
    Since I saw this guy I always wanted to make him life in 3d. Here's results:

KABOOM! Great work! I've seen that image also and at that time was thinking just the same =). Would you like to share some insights of your workflow? Or even the blend-file? Even some screenshots would do =) Thanks.
    Every object is a group selected in freestyle mode to get different style and also some edges are selected to be printed in freestyle, that's it I hope it will help.

Yadoob I'll think about it if I'll go for a short film
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by obis_81; 11-Aug-16 at 03:54.

hello
    I just discover freestyle (with svg exporter)
    but I don't understand options needed for doing the first example picture :
    freestyle.example.png
    visible on the introduction page
    is there a

simple way to do this?

thanks

The sorting of lines does not work

Снимок.PNG
    Last edited by teha; 22-Oct-17 at 08:47.

Sorting settings of linestyle works for me. It simply may be the way you created linesets.
    By default, default linestyle don't use sorting options. Because there is a default sorting by lineset, first lineset is rendered above next linesets.

Is it possible to control line thickness using vertex weights (from a vertex group)?

The idea comes from how you can control the strength of the Solidify modifier per-vertex by using a vertex group.
    In Freestyle I think this could come from a "vertex attribute" thickness modifier that maps the weight of a vertex in a certain group you specify in the modifier to the thickness of the line at that point.

This would mean variable thickness along stroke that supports animation (since the weight attributes don't change with time). It should look consistent between different frames.

If the attributes of a vertex are accessible from Python, you could even write a scripted style module for that (no need to mess with Blender C code). This could mean mapping vertex colour, weight, crease, bevel, UV etc. to Freestyle properties.

Edit: OK so when your Blender scene is loaded into Freestyle (internally, during render), it seems that only the vertex positions and normals are stored. To do what I proposed above the vertex weights for a specific group would also have to be stored. This means writing more C code.
    Last edited by Kryzon; 26-Oct-17 at 21:53.

I would also like to suggest adding the Maximum blending mode to modifiers, to allow different logic. That is, you have Mix, Add, Subtract etc., but a Maximum would take the current value at that point in the modifier stack and compare it with the value of the next modifier, choosing the biggest value.

With thickness modifiers this would mean "use the biggest thickness", so you can always keep at least some thickness on the lines (base thickness vs Curvature 3D thickness).

Sorting settings of linestyle works for me. It simply may be the way you created linesets.
    Please, share your Blend file with a working example of sorting lines.
    I think this will help me

P.S. I understood how it works. Only one set of lines is needed. If there are two, then one is superimposed on the other.
    Last edited by teha; 22-Oct-17 at 07:57.

Is it possible to render a frame, saving the Freestyle evaluation of Edges, and then play with the LineStyles in RealTime, using the pre-cached Freestyle Layer, but updating styles, with immediate on screen display?? This would be one way, temporarily, to have an immediate on screen feedback before committing to rendering frames with uncertain outcome.
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware....
    so sayest the Animated Fool. HARTWORKS http://www.hartworks.net