paste the flipped pose.....

how does this work? i thought i could take the pose from one bone in an armature and the paste the opposite pose to another bone but even if i select another bone than the one i copied the pose from the “paste the flipped…” applies the pose to the original bone. Am i doing something wrong or isn’t it supposed to paste to other bones?

The “copy curves” in the IPO windows dosen’t work either.

This is blender 2.26 btw.

I haven’t tried it in 2.26, but did you remember to use the proper naming conventions? ie… bicep.left & bicep.right. that is generally the problem.

I have named them l-foot and r-foot.

so renaming them to .right would maybe solve this?

so renaming them to .right would maybe solve this?

You can use foot.l and foot.r too if you want to save yourself some typing! :wink:

I’ve had some really wierd and funky stuff happen, just with some armatures, when I tried to paste inverted poses. Has anyone else experienced any strange behaviour with this feature?
J.

Its all strange behaviour! :o it worked with renaming them but i decided not to use the paste flipped pose - results were useless.

Btw. i guess ppl who check out the BlenderChar forum also visit the other forums but i have posted my first rig in WIP and Finished P. in case anyone here wants to comment. Just look under my nick/handle/name there :wink:

I may be stating the obvious here…

but anyways

using 2.26

naming convention used eg: foot.R

in using the pose flip feature for a walk cycle I found it to work perfectly

make sure you do the following (in my case ie: a walk cycle)

1. make your pose

2. select all the bones (light blue)

3. paste to buffer (first arrow)

4. advance your frame number

5. paste the flipped pose (third arrow)

6. paste to buffer again

what seemed to work for me is selecting all the bones before pasting to the buffer

rinse and repeat

blend on!

lilo

I think you also have to have your bones alligned in the correct
direction. Go though the NLA tutorials (eg Malefico). It is worth getting it to work.

Rob.

The most important if you want your “Flipped” poses to work is that all of your joints local axis’s have to have there Z-axis on the world Y-axis (the front view). Any where on the Y, pointing up away(-Y) or towards the front view or even straight up. That together with the naming rules (thigh.L,thigh.R), you should be flipping perfect :smiley:

1 Like

Yup yup, naming convention should be followed as The Law. One thing about the axis, set the armature so you can see it stand up from the front view, and press CTRL+A. “Apply Size?rot ?” -> YES. Then the axis get aligned right and flip pose will work like a charm.

Cheers.