Someone should make a Python game framerate speedup program.

Especially for big 3d outdoor/indoor games of any genre.

Because the game Hellstation run really bad on my PC. I believe a Python Program add-on should be made to not only speed up.

But make the game compatiable with most computer specifications including the various graphics card types. :wink:

Signed,
Matrixzero.

You are dreaming :smiley:

If the game runs really bad on your computer, no ā€œsmartā€ pythonscript is ever going to fix that. Iā€™m tired of people sitting with a 300 Mhz(or whatever) computer and a crappy graphics card and expecting that games will run at 60 fps. Do yourself a favour and upgrade.

Hey, i had a 200mhz for a long time and there are alot of people out there WITHOUT the money to upgrade. And whats wrong with them wanting things or suggesting things.
Poor Peter, having to be tired of hearing about other peoples slow CPUā€™s, the world feels your sorrow buddy!!! :<
Maybe you could do the people a favour and send them money to upgrad, because if they had the money its a pretty sure bet that they would be upgrading their systems.
Not everyone here has money, a job, or a mommy and daddy who can buy them the latest computer, and alot of those people are a large part of this community.
I thought that a python speed up script is a good idea, and of course it could be done to some extent. Iā€™m not talking like full frame quake 3 type graphics on a 166mhz, mind you, but something to allow people with older PC to play and make even simple games.
And if anyone says its imposible, i will laugh in their face. If we could put men on the moon in the 60ā€™s, with their crappy computers of the time, im sure in '03 a script to make frames play a bit faster, or smaller resolutions etcā€¦
Plus the fact that even some of the older PCā€™s can run 3D games, and i do see why the same cant be said for the game engine.
And Peter, the next time you hear from the poorer part of the community who would like to have new tools or use a current one through, why not say nothing at all rather than suggest something that most of those people cannot afford, you dont think they would know if they needed an upgrade???

Anywayzā€¦

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

Iā€™m sorry, but Peter is right. You can only overcome game engine limitations so far with python, but you are REALLY limited by blenderā€™s game engine. Blenderā€™s game engine is NOT fast, face it. Itā€™s at least half as fast as it should be. Go whine about it at blender.org, because if you want the game engine to be faster, itā€™s the open source developers who will get you there. Not python.

I feel sorry that you are stuck with a lower-end computer, but thereā€™s not much the python people can do to help.

Peter did the best he could, by seperating all the rooms into seperate scenes, I dont know why it runs slow on everyones computers. It runs pretty fast on my aging ati rage 128.

Ouch, that hurt Matt.

If you donā€™t think itā€™s impossible, then go ahead, give us a scriptā€¦

Sorry peter, didnt mean to hurtā€¦ well, ok maybe i did a bit!!! hehe :wink:

I just dont like to see posts where someone thinks of something that could be a posiblilty of something good, and all the posts they get are negative and sometimes even get rude, and i dont see why it has to be that way.
If it cant be done, thats really too bad, it was a great idea on matrixzeros part. I by no means could produce one because i dont program, but i dont think anything is really ā€œimposibleā€. If not through Python, then maybe there is another way to have the game engine run more effeciantly on lesser machine.
This would, of course, just be a temporary solution for people who will most likley HAVE to upgrade in the future, since everything is moving along at a great pace. And it might be far too much trouble for what it is worth, but it was still a good idea.

Anyway, im sorry i was bitchy, wrong side of the bed i guess!!! No offence intended, just want to see everyones ideas respected!!! :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

Ok Matt.
Then I am sorry too. :wink:
Of course itā€™s good when people come up with ideas. But I think people expect little to much when they have a machine that was fast four years ago. I also know that upgrading is expensive, but sometimes thats are our only option if we want to play the games that are produced these days. I will definitely need to upgrade my machine if I want to play Doom3 when itā€™s released(but I will probebly not be able to afford it :(). I think they are doing everything in their power to program the engine as fast as the can, but graphics. logic and effects cost. Thatā€™s just the reality.

About scripts, sure you can speed your game up with good pythonscripts, but one al mighty script that makes all games run smooth on most graphicscard, thatā€™s just in our dreams. Saluk is right, if we want a faster gameengine then itā€™s the blender core that needs a overhaul.

Peter

It was to be a al mighty speed up framerate program so any computer system. :o

Well I meant if anyone could make one that will speed up the framerate as much as possible. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know this might not add another 30 or 20fps to my future blender games, etc. but if I got a 7 to 15 fps increase thats ok with me. :smiley: :wink: