Strange methods and classes.

I just finished reading “Developer Documentation for the Python API” . Which I download from somewhere ( I cannot remember where ) months ago.

In that paper the author(unknow since there is not by line) talks about functions like "fs=GUI.FileSelector() and mesh.createTrianglesFromEdges(). My reference for t he blender/python functions has always been “The Complete Blender pages:Python Scripting” Which I downloaded from the old blender.nl site. I cannot find the above mentioned functions or a few other that the author mentioned in the Complete Blender Pages.

Do I just have an out of date reference or are these undocumented functions

PS. I also noticed a “MatrixType” In that reference when it list the Blender.Types module’s variable. But I have never read anything that explained the “MatrixType” can somone explain, VERY SIMPLY, what that is or possible point me to a tutorial or reference?

Thanks

The new python API isn’t complete, the documentation was developer information as far as I know, and a work in progress just as the API itself, quite a few things were just examples of things being worked on, but were never developed or included in the end when NaN went bankrupt.
The FileSelector however is part of the GUI module still available in versions 2.10 to 2.23, it is not part of the new API.