More Yable questions

Right, here we go again. First of all about the Yableroot. Is this something I set once and for all, or should it be possible to set a new yableroot path every time I use the script in a new scene (.blend-file)? Because the path I set the first time was just for testing, and it doesn’t fit well into my normal workflow. And when I try to change it now Yable gives me that damned “can’t create…” message and won’t start.

So the other question. I am trying to make a glass material, and I have trouble getting decent transparency. All I can do is to change colors, so where on earth is that Transparency slider? And also the amount of reflection seems to be difficult to adjust.

And only one more: In the Modulators panel, there are a set of controls that doesn’t seem to do anything until a jpg-texture is added. But then another set of the same controls pop up. What is that second set for?

Okie:

You should be able to change Yable Root, but edit the yable.py script so that it points to a real, existing directory.

It is better not to change it once you have set it because yable keeps a material library across projects :slight_smile:

Well, Diffuse=(0,0,0) Ref=(1,1,1) Spec=(1,1,1) Transmit=(1,1,1) hard=50 and IOR=1.54 are a good start.

For modulators I dont’ know.

Frankly I don’t think this is the good forum for these questions.

You coud either post in the Q&A forum here
or BETTER (much better indeed) post on the Yable forum

http://www.kino3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Don’t get scared if it’s mainly in italian, it is bi-lingual, but untill noone post there in English, why should we do :wink:

Besides this your glass material is indeed a YafRay question rather than a Yable one, so also a browsing of

http://www.coala.uniovi.es/~jandro/noname/forum/index.php

might help

Keep Blending (and Yafring)

Stefano

Grazie, Stefano. I didn’t know about the Yable forum. Anyway, a bit of Italian should only do me good, since I am trying to learn that as well.

I’ll take a look there.