2.26, Python, and MacOS X

Oh, to be included with the rest of the world’s ability to use simple math functions in python scripts! :slight_smile:

Does ANYONE have any success whatsoever running a python script in blender 2.26 on OS X that loads the “math” module?

It’s not an issue of paths: the module isn’t “missing,” it just won’t load. Neither will any other module ending with “.so”

I heard a rumor from SOMEONE that they’d gotten the fiber-generating script to run…

Anyone? Is there anybody out there?

-Bischofftep

Have you tried using blender 225? What version of python are you using?

asdf_46

Yes, I started out with 2.25, no luck there either. I am using 2.2.2 Python. It runs great under X11’s IDLE interface, but won’t load “.so” modules in Blender.

I’m guessing it can’t handle these for the same reason the Mac “plugins” don’t work either?

Happy to be proven wrong…

-Bischofftep

You need to be using python 2.0 since Blender is compiled with those libaries. asdf_46

Crap. Mac OS X picked up Python starting with 2.1 only. I can’t go back to 2.0

Anyone have ideas?

-Bischofftep the weary

actually, I think 2.26 is compiled with Python 2.22, so that would probably work.

Martin

Hi, I’m mostly artist with a little geek mixed in. Thus, I’m not so bright. One of the posts I often look forward to see updated is the pythonpath 101.

If there are any mac os X blender users who are successful could you please share with the rest of us your environment, settings, variables, versions, etcetera.

I long for the day to be able to use some of these scripts like yable and for importing from Wings3d. I pray it’s not just a dream.