auto UV mapping python script -> speeds up level texturin

after i spent hours and hours with level texturing on the contest game, i decided that there had to be a better and faster way to texture. after hours of thinking i came up with this script:
http://68.7.28.252:8080/app/automap.blend
its not perfect, but it is a LOT faster than the old slow method i used. it works well for nonorganic levels. you just have to import the script to the file you need it in, hit alt-p, adjust the values and click the button. i included an object to try the script on just mess around with the values. the script only remaps the selected faces on the object. this is my first non-realtime script so it isnt perfect.

Plans for the future:
autodetect image resolution(this would make my script SUPER quick)
shrink the button sizes so the buttons take up less space

thanks to Appolonius and antihc3 for the webspace

Ok, you know what I said when I tried this? I sat there, mouth agap, and simply gasped, “W O W!”

This is the best tool for blender I have EVER SEEEEEENNN!!!

Thank you so much liz, really! I’ll never be badd at uv mapping again:)

Great work lizard809!

This is very useful! This saves a LOT of time especially when you have complex levels!

It would be great if blender had this Automapping feature built in!

Hello

thank you for the script!!!
It works well, and have a nice interface!!
Bravo
António

Nice 1 lizard!!! :slight_smile: I’ll try it when I get home.

Keith. 8)

I get an error sayin:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “!automapper”, line 160, in bevent
File “!automapper”, line 15, in faceit
AttributeError: getData

Its probably cos im using the new ODE release :-? I’ll try it with 2.25 or 2.23 when I get home.

Keith. 8)

Brilliant. Works like a charm!

Thanks,

-Daz

nice script…this could be useful seeing how blender 2.25’s “Cube” function doesnt work when u try to UV map, and when u try to open ur game with 2.23 and save, it screws up ur objects with the new logic bricks such as visiblity and game actuators…it crashes when u try to look at the logic bricks