100% REAL walking mechanism!

There are a million other problems with rigid bodies. For one, I cannot make hinges and drot work together; I need torque, which makes it act REALLY … interesting? I am testing it out as we speak.

Does anyone have practical experience / examples in this field?

How about using angular velocity (angv), that should let you control the rotation like drot would.

interesting :smiley:

kewl , please i missed blender “stoped using it for a year” so i don’t know what are thses constraints , is there any tutorial about them wiki or something ?

Select an object. Hit “F7”. Then, in the buttens window, on the far right, there should be a constraints panel. Click the “Add Constraint” butten, then look for “rigid Body Joint” in the pop up menu.

Well, I kinda got the walker working right… except only in reeeaaaally slow motion. It can be used to create movies (just make everything slow and speed it up in post-production), but it is really not an elegant solution.

Is there really no way to turn off the twisting and turning that the physics system keeps forcing on the objects? I have now confirmed that Rigid Bodies do not solve the problem, they simply make the elasticity angular rather than directional.

Anybody???

Well, still experimenting, hoping that someone shows up to tell me how to simply turn off the elasticity.

BUT… I got a new model, which works much nicer. Simply use arrows left and right to walk. Up and down will sit/stand, but it still does not work quite right.

The New Walker

Hi, downloading now…

When you use rigid bodies you have to have a material associated with it to use the additional options found in materials… that may help.

Also, how did you make the model? did you shift d to duplicate it? If so, the dup wants to be where the original was in rigid bodies…

Sooo, I find it easier to duplicat in edit mode, then seperate verts and in object move move it into position. the object still has all the logic of the original, but is not associated with it in any way.

I dont understand it, but it works… there is a video tut explaing how dup works, etc showing all the weird things you can do and what it looks like to blender.

To 3dguru: :eek: Go do a search at blender.org for all the new stuff. And you can even find information in the wiki there.:evilgrin:

Really?? Got a link? That might explain a lot!