10secondclub.com's December contest (updated 12/16)

This is my first time entering this contest, and I’d like a critique or two of my entry so far.

Here it is
LGM’s December Entry
Size: 2.11 megs
Encoder: X-vid

It’s still a little early, I’m just finishing the breakdown poses and haven’t gotten to the facial animation yet, but I’d like some thoughts on the timing.

Thanks for watching,
LGM

EDIT1
LGM’s December Entry #2
Size: 1.86 megs
Encoder: Mpeg-1

EDIT2
LGM’s December Entry #3
Size:1.86 megs
Encoder: Mpeg -1

Wow, love the expression in the movements.
Especially when that other guy says “waw, that’s messed up” and stands up,
and then he looks at the other guy thinking “what a loser”.
Great.
If you can do this with some finished characters, this can look really good.
P

Looking good. I also like the end segment - the walk-off and “the look”.

I think the “knee-checking” movement is a bit stiff. It doesn’t seem as fluid as the other movements. I can’t suggest a solution except that perhaps the movements need to flow through to other body parts (the head is quite rigid in this section) and maybe the arm joints need to bend a little more between contacts?

Thanks. Glad you like it. Unfortunately my modelling skills are not anywhere near my animation skills so these are the guys that will be in the final animation. (It’ll be a nice render, though. This is just the playblast.)

Ah yes. Actually the trainer is going to be massaging the boxer’s legs. Those are still the extremes without any breakdown. That’s why he freezes in those positions. That part is going to be a little tricky so I saved it for last.

Glad you liked it, and thanks for watching.

LGM

Finally I have finished the break-down poses. Now I’m working on the details. Here is a rendered version of what I’ve got so far.

LGM’s December Entry #2
Size: 1.86 megs
Encoder: Mpeg-1

Thanks for watching,

LGM

Gotta love ‘Office Space’. :smiley:

funny movie!

Fantastic animation! You really got the movements to convey the feel of the situation.

Does anyone know how many blender submissions there’s been to 10secondclub?

Maybe we should start a thread that only holds those entries?

Thanks, Stamps. I’m glad you like it. Personally, I keep finding more and more details to add to it, so here’s another update.

LGM’s December Entry #3
Size:1.86 megs
Encoder: Mpeg -1

If anyone thinks something is wrong or could be added, don’t hesitate to say so.

Thanks,
LGM

I found something, with the eyes.
There are moments when I think one is supposed to be looking at the other but he doesn’t really.
Where he says the line with “…the worst day of my life” I think he should look at the other one.
P

Hmm. I was aiming for more of a slightly spaced-out look at that point. Perhaps you’re right. I’ll have to work it in and see which I like better. Thanks for the idea!

LGM